Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vent time

Some times I really hate the ppl who supply us. My tech calls up to them when he is at a house looking at a wine cooler. Complaint is noisy and my guy and the sales rep for the supply house say to big and it is 2 - 3 times larger than what it needs to be. Well we didn't install it and the company who did doesn't want anything to do with it so they ask us to. I say sure no problem and the tech ends up flaking out and quitting last week. No problem not my only small refer tech I will either go or send the other guy. Well this is a small app and the other tech agrees so we order and today it shows up. It is the exact same damn unit that both of my guys was told was to big by the same sales rep.

I havent heard from the customer yet and haven't had to explain it although the indoor unit is a different shape altogether. I don't know if I need to delegate that out next time or do it myself. I know the saying that if you want something done right then do it yourself but I already work 60+ hours a week drung the slow times. I am going to have the body of a 60 year old by the time I am 30.

Our salesman is a dumbass. He's always ordering the wrong parts for installs. I refuse to do installs and only do service. The guy doing installs is the most easy going guy you ever met but lately all you hear from him is complaining about returning parts and the first day is spent traveling to the supply house to get the right stuff.
    The salesman doesn't spend more than 1/2 hour at a jobsite.
    And always the wrong info about accesibility and laying the blame on the installer because he's not getting the job done fast enough$$$ so he can make top commission$$$.
    If it were me I would have killed the salesman by now and he'd be buried in one of those dirt basements.

Have a merry Christmas.

Organizing a job is crucial. The right stuff, all the parts, designed right, and yada, yada can make or break you.
    Time is money, no doubt.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Whatch that talk about 60 yer olds.I`m 62 & a go-go dancer at nights(female only clubs). Beat you to it dice.....

That was 60+ hours/wk not years old. Touchy, aren't we?

As far as the parts orders goes, you are your own expert or your in deep do...
    "That's good enough..." usually isn't.

Originally posted by air of honesty
    That was 60+ hours/wk not years old. Touchy, aren't we?

As far as the parts orders goes, you are your own expert or your in deep do...
    I agree about "you are your own expert". But the company won't let the installer take the time to look at the job beforehand. They just give him a pile of stuff and send him on his way. Thats why its so frustrating for him. Theres no accountability on the salesman and he don't get paid but diddly except for his commission so he don't spend much time figuring if he's got all the right stuff. And the installer works out of a van. Kinda hard to keep a decent amount of stock plus be on call for service.
    Can you imagine working to give someone heat until 7:00 pm while the after hours service calls pile up? And a van full of trash from the last install and disorganized tools and not having time to stock the emergency service parts.
    That kinda crap will test anyones patience.

All his helpers he has had try to get into service. I hope he don't quit cause I don't want his job.

I'd be more than happy to give it away. I woke up at 4:50 this morning to the pounding of my heart that was so loud it sounded like a bass drum in my head. I gotta go back to being just a tech instead of this service manager stuff. I am running my self wild trying to keep up with everything and on the verge of a break down.

I have spent good quality employment at about 8 shops. I have said on here that maybe I bounced too often, but in defense it was always a better deal. Good for my career.

And it always has amazed me the incompetence of some who are put in charge of things.

I always thought it was me you know. That I was simply too cocky, too demanding, too prima donna. Seriously trying to look at myself. Trying to think it was me to be the reason why I didn't agree with whom my employer at the time would make his choice to be in charge. I still don't get it. I still can't figure out why some guys get to manage and be in charge of people who are less muster for the job.

Not only that but few employers truly understand the commitment of that "guy" and normally do pay that "guy" more to be service manager, BUT,

not what the job should be compensated as.

It's a tough friggin job. And most, no, not most, maybe better said by saying almost all shops, big or small or large or tall,

don't offer the pay for a truly talented guy to be attracted to the position. So thats why there is always shleps running service shows.

I have seen some truly awesome service managers' in my life to this point. Two guys out of a million. But the thing was, they got paid ****. They did make a good living. But it wasn't what it should have been. And the damned employer had no clue how valuable they really were. In way of pay, and respect.

When Bird starts his go-go dancing, everyone yells
    stop-stop.

Hey Dow, two shorter posts are the same as one long one, quit trying to fake us out.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

You caught that eh?

Yep..........
    Merry Christmas bro, going on a no heat call now, what fun.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast