I am in a school that teaches only ac bacis. Its designed to help us to pass the epa exam and only teaches for ac.

I hear that some companies do both heating and ac.

Will I be hired and trained or will only a graduate of a longer program that teaches heating and ac get hired over me.

as you re read your question ask yourself who you would hire if you were an employer.

and BTW there is so much more to learn in this busniess than just heating or air cond, and as many employeers have commented here before, the epa certs mean very little in respect to your overall training

Just because someone passes the EPA exam it does not make him a tech. Im always amazed how people equate an EPA license to being a qualified technician.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

robhvac is offline Registered User- bad email
    You should go to a school that teaches alot more than just a/c, the school i go to teaches a/c,heating,Commercial Refrigeration,math.....etc

Just like evrybody else is sayin the EPA CERT is a must, but it dosent make u a certified tech.

Originally posted by jtphoto95
    I am in a school that teaches only ac bacis. Its designed to help us to pass the epa exam and only teaches for ac.

I hear that some companies do both heating and ac.

Will I be hired and trained or will only a graduate of a longer program that teaches heating and ac get hired over me.

Welcome to hvactalk.

Your heading in the right direction now. Finish whatever your doing and go from there.

The best learning to be had will be on the job,so find a company to hire you. You will be starting at the bottom,of course,but that is where you will learn the most.

The valuable employee works hard.The worthless ones dont.
    The school doesnt really matter when there is "work" to be done.

Sooooo,check back in when you have some questions,ect.
    We'll be here. -------Good luck.

Sometimes there are compounding complexities of multiple variables that are not intuitively obvious