Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You guys have heard me praise my fairly new gig as a "Central Plant Operator".... and I went to great lengths to say we do it all in-house. But (or Butt)part of the territory is the friggin sewage ejection and sump pumps.

I never in 30 years had to work/worry about these things.
    For those who don't know, in commercial buildings all the toilets when flushed are piped to a big pit in basement.
    This sewage pit has a means of sensing the height of the water by either float ball floats, enclosed mercury floats or electronic level sensing rods (Warrick level sensor) and when the pit gets full, sewage ejection pumps kick on to pump the **** into the sewer system ...

It ain't a pretty sight or smell ladies and gentlemen. The museum was completely gutted 4 years ago for a complete remodel and a major addition. Money was found to add gobs of aesthetically frivilous artsy fartsy BS like an Atrium with a "vaulted candle dome" Tons upon tons of Saudi Arabian Granite for the exterior, granite floors etc. Yet they left the original 1972 Sewage Pumps!!!

I asked "What were you thinking..hand out gold plated clothespins to apply to the nose upon entry when the rusted out pumps fail and turds are floating in the basement?"

Anyway you can bet your sweet ass that yours truly AIN'T gettin my sweet ass down in those pits when the pumps fail!
    I call in the contractor calvary for those things..end of story.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

The official name of our corporation is Bennington Refrigeration Inc. Sometime in the 80's we got a dba to do business as Bennington Cooling & Heating. People didn't realize that refrigeration had anything to do with air conditioning.

I realize that most companies put "heating" first but around here a lot of companies do heating and no air conditioning. So I wanted to put the cooling first.

No matter how many times I correct suppliers that it is Cooling first we still get sent stuff with Bennington Heating & Cooling. Then they correct you on the phone like you don't know the name of your company. "I have you down as 'Bennington Heating & Cooling'" Well you are WRONG.

Talking

Originally posted by ozone drone
    You guys have heard me praise my fairly new gig as a "Central Plant Operator".... and I went to great lengths to say we do it all in-house. But (or Butt)part of the territory is the friggin sewage ejection and sump pumps.

I never in 30 years had to work/worry about these things.
    For those who don't know, in commercial buildings all the toilets when flushed are piped to a big pit in basement.
    This sewage pit has a means of sensing the height of the water by either float ball floats, enclosed mercury floats or electronic level sensing rods (Warrick level sensor) and when the pit gets full, sewage ejection pumps kick on to pump the **** into the sewer system ...

It ain't a pretty sight or smell ladies and gentlemen. The museum was completely gutted 4 years ago for a complete remodel and a major addition. Money was found to add gobs of aesthetically frivilous artsy fartsy BS like an Atrium with a "vaulted candle dome" Tons upon tons of Saudi Arabian Granite for the exterior, granite floors etc. Yet they left the original 1972 Sewage Pumps!!!

I asked "What were you thinking..hand out gold plated clothespins to apply to the nose upon entry when the rusted out pumps fail and turds are floating in the basement?"

Anyway you can bet your sweet ass that yours truly AIN'T gettin my sweet ass down in those pits when the pumps fail!
    I call in the contractor calvary for those things..end of story.

hey it is only human waste

I've got my refrigeration and air conditioning journeyman ticket. Most of the times when I show up on site to service a rooftop, a boiler or what have you I get called a plumber a lot more than anything so I kinda gave up on it.
    Now if anybody asks... I'm the plumber.
    work to live not live to work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12