Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Heck 4 guys coulda lifted that little thing up a ladder. At least my old dispatcher woulda said that !
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

I was thinking a few come-a-longs would do the trick.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

curb vs non curbed

trane will do that start up factory needs their warrenty to start...check all that electrical down to the compressors and low voltage strips..if it is still they same the unit will sit because it is looking for its sensing point to look at?and a 10,000 ohm resistor on TB-4 1..2 will get it going for check out then work the panel temps setpoints.the bigger stuff is easy to start-up...Caution on that air section where the fan motors are always straddle on the fan frame when doing belts and other visuals never be 100% weight on the metal base...moisture from the evap weakens the welds and it isn't a curb supported area underneath where your pix show it.the guys on this site have the latest on the HI panel for sure.the OEMs want the sale...you install it and they get the service first year ok? but then it's yours work the panel when you do service to get familiar with it.get yourself a 3/8 chuck for your cordless drill and those panel screws and a coffee can to store them.pix are of units up on roof of Norstrom's Long Island

[Edited by maxster on 12-23-2004 at 09:54 PM]
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

What kind of duct system will be on that. Any fancy zoning and VAV or just a simple CV unit?

Although excited for you, especially as thats a big deal in that small town, I use to be involved in setting like 15 of those a year. Different makes and tonnage and what not.

I use to get my rocks off on it. I get more interested in the control of it and the system it will run on now a days.

Most important than anything else. Will this job come in profitable??

Originally posted by Dowadudda

Most important than anything else. Will this job come in profitable??
    When the building was built it was as a supermarket. It had one big Season Four unit on it for refrigeration reclimation. The building was vacant for 3 years with no heat. The town building inspector theatened the land lord to fix the leaking roof or they were going to condemn the thing.

So last year they paid us to scrap the old Season Four unit so they could slap a roof on the place.

Normally a retail store would use 4 to 6 individual units. I inspected the ductwork and it was usable. So after all the numbers were crunched it was decided to go with one big unit.

We are supposed to get factory start up but I have to get enough info. just to get the heat running ASAP. Like by Wed.

Many Ds we should make a few buck on this. Ho Ho Ho.

Thats awesome.

Reread what you wrote Bencool. Do you see how much enthusiasm that was in there?

I love you old guys who still get excited about a job.

In all honesty, we need so much more of that in this business. That kind of attitude more widespread.

Merry Christmas. Seriously..

The human interface is not as tricky as your friendly trane rep would like to make it out to be but the manual will put you to sleep thats for sure.

you can put it into test mode to do a start up its easier than you think or than the trane rep is willing to admit to.

the heat section is relatevly easy as well but watch out for gas leaks on the valve train most likely the pilot lines.
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

that's where we are hiding the ICBM's in Trane rooftops

nice job benn

[Edited by pjs on 12-24-2004 at 07:18 PM]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12