Thread: Sleet,Snow& Ice

Unhappy

I ain't ready for this, sleet ok, snow Oh no, but ice hell no. I wish that you guess up in the northern states would keep this stuff up there. I woke up this morning 28* and sleet and ice on the road. Snow 1-3" expected for today . This stuff just makes a mess and gets my truck dirty...

White Christmas would be nice, but slush, black ice and salt don't go good in Texas

we have about 6 inches with 6-10 more coming......biggest snow we've had in quite a few years.looks like it will probably be here for a while with temps down to 0 this weekend!!gonna find out how these furnaces do.........

I love it. Up here everyone has a coronary if they even mention snow. They closed all the schools before it even started.

Don't even think about getting any toilet paper or bread or milk at the stores. That's what everyone stocks up on for some reason.

Hay, I cried just for driving 30 miles through the mountains a few weeks back.

I'll take my COLD 70f days and a little wind.....

I'll think about you guys next summer..

Yuma,
    What is snow? Is it that white stuff in a freezer?

We're under a winter storm warning. Supposed to have 1-3" this morning with 3-5" more tonight. The TV was hyping it as a huge storm. Opened the garage door to find not a flurry in sight. Usually the case, when they predict it, it doesn't come.

just a little update before i hit the hay,....as of right now it is 11 out with 16 inch snowfall....20-30 mph winds,....near blizzard like conditions,....the neighboring county has issued curfew at 10 p.m.,interstate 64 is shutdown and major employers are calling off work.............HELLO,WINTER!!!...........just in time for christmas.

It hit 72 here yesterday, snuck the harley out for a lunchtime ride. It was great.

Got (2") total was kind of nice with no slush. I was out in it for a couple of hours yesterday. 20* with windchill of 4* and wind 26 mph. Had to break out toboggan and heavy coat.
    Neighbor's Lennox wouldn't lite and clean flame sensor and changed filter.Buddy of mine called from Irving and old Bryant horizontal wouldn't bring heat on, tripped out on limit, had him reset and check flue(bird nest with twigs).
    He ask how the hell did they get in there, old style roof cap. I need it fixed today,ok 100.00 plus labor. Oh I can wait until it warms up a little. Heat is working fine, so I don't think anymore birds will be nesting until we fix it.
    I hate it when you help a friend and then they ***** and cry if it will cost them anything, I walk him through all of this and didn't charge him a cent..

But, all is quiet today with snow melting slowly.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

HA HA!
    Here in Chicagoland all that crap went right around us. But it's still -3F outside with -15 windchill. So I'll get some servicecalls today and be able to get to them too!
    R2B4BTU