relocation to AZ
    My Wife and I are relocating from the Phila. area, to the Tucson n.w. area. I presently have 14 years in the field and currently am the sales manager of a strong company outside of the city. I would need a position in sales, and would love to gather information on available work in the area dicussed. This is an exciting move on our part, and I would love any contractors advice in the matter. Thanks, and happy holidays!

You will love it here. ASHRAE has a good chapter.
    Sunland distributors is hiring

http://www.sunlanddistributors.com/
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Thanks so much for the reply bear. I take it that you reside in the area. I left a letter for the company you recommended, and any more info you can share on the subject is appriciated deeply. thanks again, and happy holidays!

Been here for just over 2 years now and love it.I was at McGuire, AFB in NJ before I moved here it is a change,but a good one. Not a lot of heat work in this area but if you like A/C you will have fun.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Hey Cheesesteak!

Open up a Gino's or Pats out there and show them what they've been missing.

The Pats or Jims is a great idea! It is hard to believe that the cheesesteak is not consumed all around the world. I will be bringing all necessary cheesteak supplies and know-how with me, so wet the palet!

I am ready!

Albert Einstein

Hey hvacbear what are nice areas around Phoenix to live ? Where should one stay away from ?

I am in Tucson and have only visited Phoenix. The area around Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd (actually in Scottsdale) and Luke AFB both in the northeast is the only place I have been besides area attractions but they looked good to me.

I know there are some guys from Phoenix here so you might make a post regarding that. Over all I know that Phoenix is pretty nice and they just won best mid sized large city in the US from whomever votes on that stuff. It seems like a nice area to me but it is spread out. The place is big but it is not crowded like east cost cities. There is room out here and they seem to use it.

I lived in the north east for 6 years and love it here. I do know Phoenix/Tucson is at least 10 mo. per year of all the A/C you can handle. Also you will get acquainted with swamp coolers even if it is only to cool your shop.

Sorry I cannot steer you away from the bad areas but I never encountered them when I was there.

Albert Einstein