cpc`s einstien2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cpc`s einstien2

You can take Novar and shove it. I dislike them. I think they suck.

Don't get me wrong. There okay. But there just too basic. I like when I can dream up stuff. I like something that can really do something. Novar is just your basic platform.

LOL.....I just came across a previous post where you said the same thing...

The Novar big wig states this is an all new setup...I'll find out more info and let you know.

press1 is offline Professional Member BM -bad email address
    yeh, designed and built CPC, just a IR/Hussmann sticker backed by a bunch of money.

I am currently installing two of my first Danfoss systems. 'D' If you have any tips I could use 'em.

I do like that you can change anything in the programming without an upload or download, and when you are connected remotely, what you see is exactly what is on the controller. Very easy to program too.

I'm installing them on old Hussmann TD Racks. Fun stuff. First store we started the control wiring had been hacked into and was an absolute mess.

I used to work for Emerson...great place!

Tips hey??

Not much I can offer.

Board and Point. It's pretty straight forward. You doing case controllers too or just running the rack? Are you monitoring cases? Don't think your going to be slick like most emerson guys do and build your own capacity control algorythem. Every emerson guy I ever met thinks there smarter than a wrench. Work with the wrench. He's your ally. Let the controller handle capacity control. Just plug in the right information. The only other tip, and you'll know this being a controls rat, is that always change out your xducers to Danfoss. Don't use the old crap.

What are you wanting for tips? How much retro will dicate what you can do with the 55. I guess thats with anything.

I'm definately not a company man...and most definately not the typical Emerson guy.

As for tips, I know it would be hard to make it any easier on the Danfoss controller, everything is very straight forword.

Yes, I'm just controlling the rack, and monitoring case temps for the float circuits. We are also grabbing the lights, anti-sweats, and setting up remote alarm function. All of which are pretty simple.

bryan l Guest
    Press1 CPC is coming out with a remote program called "Insite" to enable you to have "Terminal mode" with the E2. I have a copy but is just there beta verson. I have used Microthermal and to tell you the truth its a good system, its very easy to use, and in some ways thats BAD... some people play with things they should not. But they have some features that rock, like the ability to see what users (or yourself) has changed, when and from what to what. Thats a nice feature, because you ALL know what its like to accidently change a setting and say %^&% what was that set at.... The #1 thing I like most about CPC is there tech support. Those guys are real good, you can call them up about ANYTHING and they can get you threw it, and there are times I have even talked with the Designer of the product. The one thing I HATE about Microthermal is the stores I worked with that had them used PCAnyware for remote access. That has GOT to be the SLOWEST interface in the world. It works if your on a LAN with access but if your needing to use a 56k to call it up its like watching a first year apprentice adjust a TXV.

CPC tech support is great, sometimes you have to wait on hold too long though.

When I went back for the Christmas Party I got to see the tech support office. In a nutshell there is every piece of CPC equipment mounted on the walls, hooked up and running. They can mimick everything you are doing in the field, it is pretty nice. Most of the time though, they only have one guy sitting in there, that blows my mind.

User interface was my biggest complaint with Einstein 1. Most of the techs that we were running in to couldn't figure out how to get where they needed to go, but they fixed a lot of that with E2. An having terminal mode with it is great.

Making things too easy to get around in does pose a problem...store personell thinking they know what they are doing ends up costing them big bucks. I have not heard much about it, but I still like the 6K interface on Com-Trol. Nice graphs too. But it still has too many glitches, freeze ups, and sensativity problems.

All in all, I do like the Danfoss for programming, I have not found all the things it can do, but I hope to investigate. The Einstein, except for not being the easiest user interface, and having to do most of the programming from the controller(because Ultrasite sucks), I like it's capabilities. Com-Trol needs to come into the 21st century...DOS, or DOS made to look like windows doesn't cut it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12