+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Summit question

Post Likes
    If there are any Summit experts out there I have a question.
    I have an office building with 13 water cooled self contained Trane units. I believe the Summit is Version 11.

Every once in a while I will get a service call for no cooling on one of these units. When I get there there is a "0C" message at the display on the UCM.

When I go back to the PC go to the tree and pull up this unit I find the compressors have not been enabled. When I enable the compressors they stage on pretty quickly.

I believe the facilites people when they tell me they did not change the config. The new facility guy is totally unfamiliar with Summit.

Anybody else seen this happen? It has happened to me 3 times in the last 1 1/2 yr.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Respectfully submitted

Coolairman

Post Likes
    Does your software date stamp the change in settings? If it does, you can take note of when these changes were implemented.
    It would also be nice to know who was accessing the system config during those times.
    Find the time, find the man logged in and you will find your culprit. End of problem.

Post Likes
    ver 11 was unstable and short lived.

you need to bump up to ver 12.0043 it is very stable. I would be hesitant to upgrade to anything newer than that at your level it will probably create problems and actually limit you in some ways.

after the ver upgrade you need to install the latest bcu image file in your bcu's for VER 12.0043.

this would be a great place to begin and should not be too expensive.

Allen

Post Likes
    That is, if it is even available!! I promise you, when you go to Trane to get the upgrade, they are going to try and sell you a whole new system to bring it up to date...ver. 16, woo,hoo. I agree with R12rules though, find out who is logged on when the change happens and you will fix the problem.
    Def. of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results!!

Post Likes
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I'll get to work.

Coolairman

Post Likes
    FYI!!!!!

Trane is now offering an upgrade for FREE!!!! Of course, you have to pay them to install the upgrade, but it goes all the way back to version 11 of Summit!!! I didn't know the word "FREE" existed in Trane's vocabulary?!?!
    Def. of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results!!

Post Likes
    Our last update was version 15. We also installed a web server for remote access, now we just get on the internet at home and, boom, we can make changes quickly from the house. Dude it is sweet!

Post Likes
    What is the Web address?

Coolairman

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in