+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invensys

Post Likes
    Whats your impression of their control system?

Just did a job using MNL and MZ panels. Was wondering what others thought about them.

Post Likes
    Hate them, local rep our competition, they wont help us out, got the manuals but cant purchase the cables or anything, etc, etc, but thats how it is in the control world.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    The earlier models of the NETWORK 8000 are basically indestructable , I have MZIIs mounted in Nema 12 enclosures on the sides of RTU's with windchill of -48'F and they have not failed in over 11 years.

Programming is nice and easy and up until INVENSYS started screwing with everything the GRAPHICS were nice and easy as well.

Getting good REP is hard biggest complaint is poor service , job incomplete , too secretive and parts not available.

Post Likes
    We have been using B/C's Network 8000 for over 12 years. Had very few problems with it. Microzones last forever and system is easy to use. We didnt like it, at first. but that was because our control company is not very good. We soon learned to verify all work done and ensure consistancy in programming/graphics. The frontend Ultivist program is running on OS2. Its kind of a antique.

Post Likes
    What kind of software do you need to set up the controllers? I have some VAVs. I would like to start repairing on my own.

Post Likes
    Huron: What kind of VAVs? White Micronet or grey MicroFlo? Not much you can do to repair them, just replace. Is there a Global COntrol Module? If there is you can get inside there to overide things to check out the VAV.

Post Likes
    incontrol,
    I have the white micronet VAV contollers (MN-FLO3T). I am interested in purchasing the software to program the defaults for the controllers. The building I service has a Invensys BAS with Signal front end, integrators along dozens of VAV contollers and microzones. I do not get alot of cooperation from the local invensys dealer. Help would be appreciated. Have you had much experience with this system.I am located in southeast Michigan. Thanks for any help

Post Likes
    If they have SIgnal then all the VAV info should be on the screen. What problems are you having? The Micronet controllers require a MN-CIM plug and the micronet program (probably aobut $500). They're really quite seperate from Invensys but can accept values from the GCM. You can access the GCM by clicking on any point in signal and then on the "terminal" box that comes up.

Post Likes
    I am interested in the procedure for replacing a bad VAV controller. Do I need to program the controller's default at the controller with micronet software or can I do it through Signal's terminal mode. How about the Microzone II. I understand you need additional software to program them. I have a building with Trane Intellipaks, Invensys VAVs with hot water reheats controlled through Signal. Thanks for any help.

Post Likes
    Micronets come with a program from the factory that is for multistage electric heat. If you've got floating valves then it will power the open and close at the same time because it thinks there is electric heat. DAmper rotation is also another consideration. The GCM is capable of sending network values although if it was not programmed to then the box will use it's own values, which could be WAY off. Microzones HAVE to have PSI to access. You're a couple thousand into it by now. I just got a quote from Mcquay for a program to look at unitvent controllers and they want $5000.

Post Likes
    Hi,

For the MZ11 controls you need a program called PSI personal system interface, there is an old version that ran on dos and W95 and there is a newer version compatible with all the new os's.The newer one is more expensive but is a much better tool and you can build it to add documentation (upload\download databases in the GCM,LNC,LCM,MZII,MICROFLOII & PEM Controllers.) You can also add the visio drawing tool to make logic prints from the databases you backup or start from scratch. The visio prints have real time monitoring capability. as for the Micronets they really are a seperate system that talk to their own integrator. Then it is the integrator that talks to the GCM (the terminal that you are talking to in VT100 when you go through the signal graphics program) you wont have much luck replacing a Micronet without access to the file configuration through the program called MNETCI it requires an adapter call a MN-CIM this adapter comes from the factory without a voltage supply and is expected to have voltage supplied to it by the port on your computer.Although we have run across laptops that they would not work on and there is a process of soldering in a battery pack to the cable to get it to work (Invensys instructions available for that). The cost of this program and the cable is about 500.00. The cost of PSI ( the original version is about 500.00 this program will need adapters (485-232 converter) also if you want to talk directly to the devices with a laptop.The newer version of PSi ( PSI for windows )list prices and build information can be found at http://www.STONETSYSTEMS.COM.

Post Likes
    Hi
    do you know were I can purchase the Micronet software? I have worked with the Ivensys tech a couple times instaling the Micrnet controllers. It is a pretty straight forward process. thanks

Post Likes
    The STONENET Systems software has a few glitches in it , will lock the system up at times. Company the developed it is a off shoot of a INVENSYS dealer , their own service dept has problems with it on some jobs.

Post Likes
    They did have some problems but the newest revs seem to be pretty solid. If you post an E-mail address I will tell you where to get the MNETCI program and patch cord. I don't know why there is a problem getting it from your Invensys dealer I can get all the software they have from my dealer.

Post Likes
    The long time dealers from the BARBER COLMAN / ROBERTSHAW days had a stipulation in their agreements that FORBID the selling of SOFTWARE / MANUALS to non customers, many still abide by that.

All the manuals were stamped stating the could not be copied or duplicated.

Today things are a bit different

Post Likes
    fat eddy, you can email me at lboyer@co.genesee.mi.us. thanks

Post Likes
    We bought Prographics from them and it was so awful I would sue them if it was worth it.

Post Likes
    I've got a building now that the customer hate's the controlls and can't get along with the rep. He' the only rep. in this area and he's the only one invensy will sell to. Building only 2yrs. old and already tring to replace EMS.

Post Likes
    I have found that the best way to keep a customer and your controls in the building is to teach them how to use them,

once they know how to do your controls they will never buy anything else, so go ahead and rip them out what you'll find out later is that it is probably not the system thats at fault but the person working on them and he won't be able to work on the new one either.

Post Likes

Repairing MN-FLO3T

These items are repairable and we do them in house. It will take about 2-3 days to repair if the problem is minimum. I work for the company that does the repairs. I personally do the work myself along with a MZ2A, GCMA, LCMA, basically the older Network 8000 equipment. Only thing I don't have is full programming for the GCM's. I only have a test program I use to test out these units. Also we do repairs on severval other systems. If anyone's interested let me know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in