Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bob........

You're repeating yourself.

bryan l Guest
    Why dont I post in ARP?
    A - Im not one, (Most wont like my point of view)
    R - Im for the most part Anti R
    P - I believe the only good P is a dead one.

I guess you could say its NOT for everyone.

Originally posted by R12rules
    I can simply ignore ARP since nobody else wants to take a stand for it. It's okay with me.
    Why are YOU ignoring ARP????????

I'm having trouble understanding what direction you're heading in.

Like I said, personally, I'd remove it if the choise were mine to make. It causes nothing but problems.

Originally posted by condenseddave
    Originally posted by R12rules
    I can simply ignore ARP since nobody else wants to take a stand for it. It's okay with me.
    Why are YOU ignoring ARP????????

I'm having trouble understanding what direction you're heading in.

Like I said, personally, I'd remove it if the choise were mine to make. It causes nothing but problems.
    Dave, if someone in the regular forums says somethig derogatory about sone of the respected regulars .... people jump in and stand up for them. Well, maybe not for Dice ... but they would for anyone else.

But over in ARP, it's a free for all! It's caos sometimes.

It is the worst of the worst ... for some people. It simply brings out the very ugliest in them.

Believe me ... I KNOW UGLY!!! I can be ugly too. But who is gonna be any the better for it if I turn ugly on someone?

It greives me that so many want an outlet for their thoughts and cant find it here.
    And it's because a few people are choosing to act like jerks and monopalize the forum!

If it were up to you, it would be eliminated. Okay. I understand that thought.
    If it were up to the guy who wrote the other thread asking for help in clearing out the rabble rousers. If it were up to him, the site would have stricter guidelines.

You cant legislate morality.
    You cant legislate good character either.

People are going to be people. No matter what the outcome results are.

I understand your feelings on that subject, and fully agree that you cannot legislate feelings, morality, or even online behavior, for the most part, or, to a certain extent.

My problem with the whole thing is the fact that it got WAAAAAY out of hand a long time ago, and has been the source of so many fights over the past year or two. I actually LIKE that it's there, though, and here is why:

I don't have to look at subjects that are way too tempting for me to resist, if I see them. In General Discussion, these subjects WILL bring out the REAL ugly in me. Ask Don. He WILL confirm that I lose my charming, personable demeanor when I get involved in discussions such as the ones that are relegated to ARP.

Recently, someone started trying to post ARP subject matter in the GD section, and I saw them. I reacted, with some great level of self-control, IMO. I told the guy that he was an ******* for putting that stuff there, but he continued. When one thread got moved, he started another. I wazs able to keep my cool, but it was difficult. He was using the excuse that he was being bullied in the ARP section, regarding political subjects. My whole thing about that is:

If you can't take the heat, stay the hell out of the bathroom.
    If you're staying out of the bathroom because it's too hot, don't go into the parlor to take a dump, because it's "cooler" there, because you're going to piss off those trying to have fun.
    We're minding our own business, and choose to not open the door to that section, because we don't want to smell the fecal matter as it flies by.

If ARP were shut down, the **** would be in the living room.

So I say keep it. But I also think that it should be optional to actually view the forum. Something that can be changed by the member and moderator. I'd turn mine off. That's for certain.

And I'd gladly defend Dice. If he needed defending.

It serves no point to go there. No one changes their mind, it's all about arguing for no reason other than to prove you were right. Every post turns into name calling and questions your patriotism. You can lose friends in that place too.......
    Thanks Dave, I know ya would.......
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Ya want to see what would happen if I got the responsibility of moderating that one forum?
    Wouldnt THAT be a hoot?

I think I'd first like to pass around some rather LARGE pieces of coal and a jar of K-Y Jelly.
    Just to those who were focused on messing with the site contributors.

In about two weeks ... the site would be calmer and respectful.
    And there would be about a dozen crude diamonds ready to be "extracted" from some ....shall we say ..."
    "jerls?"

But it's nothing anyone else couldnt do themselves.
    It just takes time.

I love this forum.
    Of course I wish ARP was better again. But I love this forum.

And am real happy being here.
    No complaints

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12