Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 21
  1. #1
    I want to know why you guys dont participate in the ARP section of this forum community???

    Isnt it supposed to be for everyone?

    Why do you feel you cannot post there and enjoy yourself?

    Please speak up right here and now and let us know WHY you dont post there.

    Thank you.




    PS, this is not a trick question.....


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    509
    sounds like a trick question to me, im pleading the 5th

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Guayaquil EC
    Posts
    10,487
    Originally posted by R12rules
    I want to know why you guys dont participate in the ARP section of this forum community???
    Isnt it supposed to be for everyone?
    Why do you feel you cannot post there and enjoy yourself?
    I've been a member of this site for over four years now and I have never posted in the Indoor Air Quality or Fireplace sections nor the ARP. I check them out now and again but I find that either we have nothing in common or that I just wouldn't be able to relate effectively to the crowd that hangs out there.

    I don't notice ARP regulars in the Refrigeration section very often.

    [Edited by icemeister on 12-20-2004 at 10:08 PM]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Camel City, NC
    Posts
    6,233

    AARP

    Thats what i thought you were talking about. Guess my age is showing. Why don't I - That between me and the man upstairs. Gets to nit picky over a common belief most share. Now you know. I really should take advantage of the AARP thing though.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    East Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    13,215
    I used to. Now I don't have the time.

    Besides that, last time I was there, there were more members not involved in HVAC posting there than there were regular board members. I can go anywhere on the 'net for that...

  6. #6
    Originally posted by condenseddave
    I used to. Now I don't have the time.

    Besides that, last time I was there, there were more members not involved in HVAC posting there than there were regular board members. I can go anywhere on the 'net for that...
    Thanks Dave. So if I understand you correctly, your saying that if ARP had members only of the HVAC/R community, you may consider participating?


    Personally, I just get bored with seeing so many posts by people who dont want to have a rational conversation. They only wish to push others around.

    "Bullies" I believe they are called.

    It would be nice to post there and not worry about being slammed.


    I mean, I say some things here and ever once in awhile I get laughed at. And rightly so. I make mistakes. But most of the folks who laugh dont take it to extremes.

    And I can laugh at myself. I dont mind.



    I remember posting a thread quite some time ago in ARp asking for a Muslin to share their take on the war in Iraq.
    Not a single reply.

    I am open to a challenge.
    I like debate sometimes. I hate arguements though.


    Do you think I am asking for too much?
    Is it a reasonable request?



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    East Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    13,215
    Don started the "America Under Attack" forum on or close to Sept. 11, 2001.

    It was really a good, healthy place to vent back then.

    It evolved into a nightmare clusterf^ck after a year or two, and I probably wouldn't post there too much, now. Mainly because I don't have the time to get that involved in some seemingly endless thread, that is being hijacked by some little twit with an agenda.

    I've seen that forum sever friendships and cause hard feelings among other members.

    And it always goes back to the members that participate in ARP, and not the other forums as being the real cause of the problems.

    And, No, I'm not referring to Mr. James, whom I consider a friend, although he seems to have gone into seclusion in the ARP section, his first 14,000 or so posts were in the other sections, including this one, so, please don't think it's got anything to do with him, or any of the other older members.

    Again, I can have political and religious discussions ANYWHERE, and I don't think mixing them with my professional postings is in my best interest. I have a hair trigger, in addition to being slightly opinionated, as you might have noticed, and I'm more likely to point out the presence of an @sshole than I used to be. So, I figure, if you don't want to point out pigs, stay out of the pigpen.

    So, no, I doubt that I would post there regularly. And, no, I wouldn't shed a tear were that section closed down. Like I said, Don did a great thing by providing us with the "America Under Attack" forum, (In fact, that was what made me finally sign up as a member, and start posting. I'd been lurking prior to that.) but it changed a lot, and I feel, went way off course. It's a damn straight sure bet that I'd be kicked off this forum within a week of posting there. I can almost guarantee that.

  8. #8

    R12, are you trying to recruit members into the cult? What is up with that?

    APR does seem to be dying, doesn't it? Only a few active threads. People have their favorite "sand box" and that is where they want to play.

  9. #9
    Originally posted by nevada

    R12, are you trying to recruit members into the cult? What is up with that?

    APR does seem to be dying, doesn't it? Only a few active threads. People have their favorite "sand box" and that is where they want to play.

    What is the answer to the problem?

    any sugestions?



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,166
    Please speak up right here and now and let us know WHY you dont post there.

    Because I am Canadian! My neutral tendencies predispose me to no opinion and/or concern with the topics. errr.. What I meant to say was I'm too damn busy for that drivel.





    PS, this is not a trick question.....

    [/B][/QUOTE]
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

  11. #11

    Originally posted by R12rules
    any suggestions?
    I have made my suggestions. The answers are not with BC, but with the members of this forum. I find that it help to just ignore post that you don't like. If someone starts a flame, fueling it will just encourage them to continue.

    Although I would love to see a site here as laid out, It is not a deal breaker. In fact I intend to spend less time on line next year. This is somewhat addicting.


  12. #12
    Originally posted by nevada

    Originally posted by R12rules
    any suggestions?
    Although I would love to see a site here as laid out, It is not a deal breaker. In fact I intend to spend less time on line next year. This is somewhat addicting.

    Addicting? This site?? Are you SERIOUS???


    Naaaaaawwww? Really?



    Duh.........


    I can simply ignore ARP since nobody else wants to take a stand for it. It's okay with me.



  13. #13
    Originally posted by nevada

    Originally posted by R12rules
    any suggestions?
    Although I would love to see a site here as laid out, It is not a deal breaker. In fact I intend to spend less time on line next year. This is somewhat addicting.

    Addicting? This site?? Are you SERIOUS???


    Naaaaaawwww? Really?



    Duh.........


    I can simply ignore ARP since nobody else wants to take a stand for it. It's okay with me.



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event