Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Maybe Robo has a Santa phobia? You know like coulrophobia (fear of clowns) it’s the only thing that makes sense to me listening to his Santa conspiracy.

What would you call that? Jollymanophobia?

I think the Easter Bunny is much more intimidating, he always looked a little demented to me.
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Originally posted by hvac r us 2
    Maybe Robo has a Santa phobia?
    That's not possible. The therapy from having been gang raped by Santa and an entourage of elves when I was 6 has prevented any long term issues.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by RoBoTeq

Let's face it folks; we lie to kids for our own personal gain and enjoyment. It amuses us that we have so much control over a child that we can get them to believe something simply on the promise of gifts. We trick children into "being good" because "Santa is watching", the same way we trick them to go to sleep or the monster under the bed will get them. It all boils down to manipulative power over others. And that trait is with them when they grow up.

UH-OH....you don't lie about Santa, but you tell them there are monsters under their bed. Which is scarier????

Just kidding....

I'm torn right now, because my husband and I are always telling our 7 year old daughter it is not right to lie, yet we have Santa, the toothfairy and all.....

She confronted me the other day and said a few boys had told her there was no such thing, and proceeded to read me the riot act that if there was no Santa I was lying and that is not right....but seeing the look on her face when she gets that one piece of mail (that my freinds sends yearly) from Santa Claus is priceless. This year was the best because she was so proud she read the whole thing herself with no help from us.

I'm also sad because I know this is probably the last year, but won't have to worry about the guilt anymore.

oroy54. I love the poop on the roof idea. LMAO.

Have a safe X-mas all.

I absolutely do understand the torment of making a decision on this one. I chose to be completely honest but at the same time honor the traditions so my boys would still have the holiday celebration like their friends.

What is most interesting is that at times my boys had doubts that I was telling them the truth because all of the other adults were telling them something different.

Today, if I tell my boys something that sounds off kilter, they will simply ask me if I am telling the truth. They all know that once that is said, I will immediately admit if I am pulling their legs.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123