+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No charge for travel time.

Post Likes
    We are installing a 90 ton Trane rooftop unit on the building across the street from our shop. It is due to arrive here on Dec.21st. Here is the curb waiting for the roofer to finish.

This is a picture of our shop from the jobsite roof. I guess I had home court advantage on this job.

[Edited by benncool on 12-19-2004 at 03:47 PM]

Post Likes
    Hey benne, be careful on that rubber roof. Watch out for those screws.

Post Likes
    That must suck. Where will the installers go when they want to take a long coffee break, cut out from work early or drink beer during lunch?
    Read, read, read!

Post Likes
    We've had a couple jobs close to our shop and I didn't like em. Was too easy for the boss, supervisors, and coworkers to be there to annoy ya. lol

Can't wait to see a pic of the big ole unit in place.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by amickracing
    Can't wait to see a pic of the big ole unit in place.
    Me too!

Post Likes
    Where is the snow? You guys SUCK! Probly still have Tee shirts on. Only -25 here right now....
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Post Likes
    What's that pointed thing in the woods poking up?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Originally posted by DeltaT
    What's that pointed thing in the woods poking up?
    Which one? Picture #1 would be the Bennington Battle Monument. Picture # 2 it would be the smoke stack from the Vermont Veterans Home.

Post Likes
    Picture #1....I should'a figured it. Thanks.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Which one? Picture #1 would be the Bennington Battle Monument.
    *bites lip*... perhaps even my post earlier post mentioning a big unit should be edited? lmao

Just curious, what has the tarps pulled into the building like that? I'm guessing water, but maybe they have one heck of an exhaust fan? One more question... Can you get a picture of the drops too? Never installed a system that big before, but I can imagine the duct is on the larger side.

Post Likes
    Now you have no choice but to do the best darn job installing that unit for the following reasons
    1 you will want to show it off to potential clients at your office " well stan you can see the quality of our work right now, just look across the street"
    2 its right across the street from you so you will see it every day and if its not just right it will pick at you forever

Now we all know you will do the best installation possible so no worries eh?
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    Originally posted by amickracing
    [QUOTE One more question... Can you get a picture of the drops too? Never installed a system that big before, but I can imagine the duct is on the larger side.

These are some pictures of the supply drop. It is 84 x 30.
    We are using all of the existing return and the main supply trunk over. But we reworked all of the diffusers and branches. We have 44-14" dia. supply diffusers for this system.

[Edited by benncool on 12-20-2004 at 10:05 AM]

Post Likes
    Seeing your beautiful work just serves to remind me why I love low temp.

T-bar stinks!

Post Likes
    Good luck of the big lift tomorrow Benn. I sure don't envy you guys doing that in such cold weather though.

The forecast calls for -2ºF at 7AM.

Of course it's New England, so if it were 30ºF, it would have to be snowing.

Post Likes

Why such a short little curb?

Whats that thing? About 3" tall? Don't it snow there? And why do you have a popcycle stick leanin up against the curb? Lunch just get over?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Actually Jack, the part of the curb that you see is just the duct section. If you look to the right of the picture you'll see a little silver color stand which they call a pedalstele. That is what the compressor section sets on. That is a 14" curb but the venter motor on this big mother will blow any snow off the roof.

Mary Lou has the divers cell phone number so she has been tracking him all the way from Tennesee. No wonder why she always knows when I am at the Elks Lodge. Anyway he is in Albany NY which is 45 miles away if I was driving. He can't come over the State line until tomorrow. (Permit issues). Anyway he should be here in plenty of time for the Noontime lift.

Weatherwise -2°F ain't bad if the wind isn't blowing down from Canada. Which it isn't suppose to be. It is suppose to get to 28°F by the end of the day. Then continue to get warmer while we get things hooked up. Also no snow is in the forecast.

Can you tell I am nerveous? Good thing the Patriots are playing tonight to take my mind of things.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in