Condensate eductor???

Haven't seen the installation yet, but I've heard that a contractor is installing an eductor on a high pressure drip leg trap discharge to suck up the condensate from the low pressure side, instead of any kind of receiver or flash tank.

Anybody else ever see such a thing?

Sounds to me like a big source of water hammer and other stuff like high pressure condensate backing up into the low pressure.

Like I said, haven't seen it yet.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

High side, low side, on the side.

Speaking of which, I haven't had any on the side in so long I didn't know they moved it I haven't heard anything either, but it sounds like hell to control. With a small enough eductor orifice you could do it. You still have to control your high pressure when you have gotten rid of all your condensate. I'm going to be sending you a PM on another topic-GEO
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

Saw it on a turbine drive chiller. Helped the turbine use steam better and put it through a heat exchanger to use the heat for something else afterwards.

also have seen steam driven eductors used to speed up evacuation time on large absorbers.