Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Western Wa

    Relief valves for low pressure

    Hi, folks,

    My boss wants me to price up relief valves to either go on top of or replace rupture disks on the low pressure chillers we have, five YTs, and two bench grinders. So far, I've looked at Trane, and Redi-Controls. I like the idea on the Redi-Controls where you can just add it onto the existing flange.

    Anybody have any favorites for this type of device?

    Thanks to all....
    God Bless our Veterans

    God Bless the USA

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Houston TX

    Hey Randy, long time no speak

    You pretty much looking at a coin flip, I kind of favor the red ball delight though. The Reddi has a built in leak. The little vent, I've had many of them leak by and Trane's has a faster action. If you zero the machines with constant water pumps or a hot water generator you can change them out pretty quick.-GEO
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Central Texas
    Try Oseco, their products are good.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    windy city
    Quote Originally Posted by txhvac View Post
    Try Oseco, their products are good.
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Dixiana, AL
    Quote Originally Posted by txhvac View Post
    Try Oseco, their products are good.
    I'll go along with this sentiment. I also like the Redi that uses the existing rupture disc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event