Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by psu927
    where do you live?
    Chicago

enlist in the military and try to get into an electrical field or even hvac if it's available. plus the military will help pay for school.

If I go to school for service, can I come out and make at least $38,000 a year? I live in PA, I would like to know the average income for a service technician, and if I can make that much right out of the get go...
    What part of PA? Wages vary from region to region. Sometimes, they vary greatly.

I'm in the Poconos, and 10-15/hr to start seems to be the going rate for an educated apprentice around here, judging by what I've been hearing.

The Lehigh Valley is higher, Philly is also higher.

The Wyoming valley, the coal region and most of Central PA are lower.

Also, it would depend on what end of the business you're interested in. Maintenance positions pay about poverty level for experienced individuals, commercial contractors pay top dollar, for the most part, and most residential service companies fall somewhere in the middle. Some are even higher than commercial.

As you can see, your question is a bit too broad to actually answer.

Cool

yessss

come to connecticut

I guess I wasn't really thinking that 38 grand is 20 bucks an hour. Ok, more realistically, 15-18$ an hour? I mean, I am homeschooled and am working in HVAC full time now, and I get paid 9.50.
    The brother of one of my top techs is working for me. He just turned 18. He gets 8.50. Plus we give him a scholarship to the trade school to which he is going.

But like was said earlier money is just a score board. When I got my first job in this trade after graduating from trade school and 3 years Army experience I got $2.per hour.
    (I get more now)

I don't even know how much money I make a week anymore. It doesn't make any difference. What makes it matter is that I like what I do.

You don't do this for the $. Once it gets in your blood, your hooked.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

The only thing making more money will do is slow down how fast you go into debt from getting hooked on buying cool tools. :-)

I want to make enough to live. I mean, I dont' want to move out of PA, and I want to get married when I'm 21 or 22 and I want to be able to support my family. I'm satisfied with 14 dollars an hour as long as I can work up to 18-22. I plan on going to YTI for service, I mean to learn the service part of it. And possibly eventually be a service manager somewhere. (after I get experience)

I want to make enough to live. I mean, I dont' want to move out of PA, and I want to get married when I'm 21 or 22 and I want to be able to support my family. I'm satisfied with 14 dollars an hour as long as I can work up to 18-22. I plan on going to YTI for service, I mean to learn the service part of it. And possibly eventually be a service manager somewhere. (after I get experience)
    You should call some contractors in your area and find out how much an entry level tech makes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12