Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    If I go to school for service, can I come out and make at least $38,000 a year? I live in PA, I would like to know the average income for a service technician, and if I can make that much right out of the get go...

Is this for REAL???

BAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only $750.00 per week?

And you'll be wanting a truck with free gas and Health/Life/Dental/Eye/and Life Insurance? Maybe a membership to the gym and .......... OH Wait, R12's gonna get me.

I'd guess no dude. Ya gotta earn your stripes in this trade. Nobody's gonna start out a greenie that high unless maybe your Dad owns a shop. Maybe Diceman......
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

You need to get experience. Enroll in a good HVAC program at night and work as an apprentice during the day. You will probably start somewhere around 10 potatoes an hour. Learn how to read schematics and blueprints and read anything you can on HVAC. You will also need to get EPA certified to handle refrigerants.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Dont think you will make 38,000 grand a year to start but expect long hours and hard work

no.

if you want to get into this field of work, now is the time to start. with proper schooling and continuing ed. classes you could be an ace by the time you are 30 (still very young).

if i knew then what i know now i would have ................

You'll make that after several years 5 at least before you see that money.

Originally posted by mattm
    You'll make that after several years 5 at least before you see that money.
    If you apply yourself.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I guess I wasn't really thinking that 38 grand is 20 bucks an hour. Ok, more realistically, 15-18$ an hour? I mean, I am homeschooled and am working in HVAC full time now, and I get paid 9.50.

Never pick a career according to how much it pays. Pick it according to how much you enjoy it. No job no matter how much it pays will satisify you if you don't like the work. A job you actually enjoy will satisify you even if it does no more than pay the rent and feed you.

If you really like the work you will probably find yourself making pretty good money.

Norm

Well so far I really like doing it. I mean, rigth now I install but I want to get into service.

Originally posted by psu927
    I guess I wasn't really thinking that 38 grand is 20 bucks an hour. Ok, more realistically, 15-18$ an hour? I mean, I am homeschooled and am working in HVAC full time now, and I get paid 9.50.
    I guess alot depends on where u live, most company's around my area start u off at about 12$ An hour straight from school.

where do you live?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast