Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips $$$

As a technician I would get a variety of tips and gifts as a thank you. My favorite was homemade stuff like jellys jams, cookies and even a couple signed painting. Anyone ever get anything neat.

There was another thread with a similar question. One guy got a really nice bass boat.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

bass boat

No way!!!!

I don't remember all the details but the HO was a widow and her husband left her this bass boat. He did a good job for her and a little extra and she asked him if he wanted it! As I recall, he posted pics.

Does anyone know where that thread is?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

A old women I done a cange out for gave me $40. & said you worked hard take this money & go get drunk.Yes I did!

Thats the down side to commercial - no tips - get the occasional free meal and all the cookies you can handle at times but no moola and no boats - damn!!

In high school when i delivered pizza I got $5 - that was really cool back then.

Had a customer once leave a case of heineken on the passenger seat of my van.....cold.
    In honor of Murray Woodgate (aka Carnak) 1961 - 2010

Not true. Commercial techs do get tips. Running commercial service many years ago, I ate free many many times in the restaraunt I was servicing . Tell the owner you have to leave to eat and return in about an hour and he will give you the best his chef makes to keep you there working. Also, it can take a looooooong time to change the filters in the womens dressing room of a topless bar, although that is another type of tip.

I had a customer give me a Golf Cart once.

Saw what rent was at the course and figured out why she gave it away...... I gave it away too.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Verbal Tip

Never pet a burning dog

Re: Verbal Tip

Originally posted by glennwith2ns

Never pet a burning dog

Thats GOOOOOOOOOOOOD. 'Cause he might bite huh?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I've seen some cool stuff like bottles of booze and tools but somebody whom I wont mention has gotten some sweet deals on classic hotrods but wont post the pictures.

Originally posted by mattm
    I've seen some cool stuff like bottles of booze and tools but somebody whom I wont mention has gotten some sweet deals on classic hotrods but wont post the pictures.
    The 'Stang just went into the body shop today. I'll learn to post when it gets out. I promise this time.............................................. .....
    Walter Matthau

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast