Thread: Nextel sold...

...to Sprint. ($35 billion!) Dang it. I hate Sprint.

I know some of you have had problems with Nextel but I haven't so far. But Sprint is so detached somehow. You ever try to talk to a human at Sprint? I don't think they have any anymore. Sprint just went to a $3.95/month charge for long distance...I guess that's how they're making the buy. First chance I get, I'm dumping Sprint long distance. May dump Sprint altogether if I can find a local service provider and a good cell tower near home.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

I hate Sprint. If I were a Nextel customer I would want out of the contract and get a new provider. I got rid of the land line at the house because Sprint just wouldn't listen and remove features that I no longer wanted, any upgrades that got right the first time, after 4 or 5 months of trying to get the thing downgraded I canceled and refused to pay for the features or late charges incurred for not paying the features (base bill was always paid on time). They threatened collections and all, but nothing came of it to my knowledge.

Cingular is where I went.

what about nascar nextel cup will they change it to the sprint cup this is gone to get old the transformation of the nascar cup ever year?

I'm glad to see nextel gone.I must say I'm not surpise that
    they sold out.
    Customer service suck,there was no one there that you could talk to that was not a robot,and to top it all off they would try to fudge you if they thought that you did not have the resources to fight back.

They sold out because they lack what all business must have to stay strong,that repeat business.
    It funny how company get so big that they forget what work
    for them to get them there in the first place.

Be gone Nextel..YEAAAAAAAA!

Aint they all the same??

I've had them all and still carry 2, yes 2 phones plus a Blackberry. 1 is Nextell, 1 is T-mobile, + the Blackberry. I've went through all the big names in cell phone and they all have their bad side. So what's it matter who buys who they all suck in one way or another.

Originally posted by mattm
    Aint they all the same??

I've had them all and still carry 2, yes 2 phones plus a Blackberry. 1 is Nextell, 1 is T-mobile, + the Blackberry. I've went through all the big names in cell phone and they all have their bad side. So what's it matter who buys who they all suck in one way or another.
    Who do you think you are? Batman with a ton of things hangin off of your belt? Why two nextels? The blackberry does 2-way too...hmmmmmm
    Yeah, whats gonna happen with Nascar now? I know Matt, that you're very concerned about that too...
    Hey mosquito, quit biting (slap!!) me...
    Anyone like Josey Wales?
    C'mon, you know I'm right!

Only 1 Nextell. The Nextell and B.Berry is company and the T-Mobile is mine. And yeah I do feel like I've got a dang utility belt on.

You all know how I feel about the eternal left turn.

Some guy who is high up in the Nextel business, (someone said he owned Nextel...but I don't know) built a house around the area I work in. Construction went on for about two and half years and I couldn't tell you how many millions of dollars spent. I wonder if he got a cut of that sale.
    Get back to work.

Originally posted by square2round
    Some guy who is high up in the Nextel business, (someone said he owned Nextel...but I don't know) built a house around the area I work in. Construction went on for about two and half years and I couldn't tell you how many millions of dollars spent. I wonder if he got a cut of that sale.
    All the money that went into that house should have gone for more towers...
    Anyone like Josey Wales?

Yeah...what irony too...the two way's have terrible reception in parts of the area where he built. It'll work well in one place...then two miles down the road...red light/no service.
    Get back to work.

Am I the only one here who likes Sprint? I haven't had a single problem with my Sprint PCS cell phone. For the home features, I can't speak about them because I've never had one. I'm about to sign another contract with Sprint, because I like the service that much. I also carry a T-Mobile phone, and I've had more problems with them than Sprint. We used to use AT&T for work phones, but the service sucked. I don't know how they are since they merged.

Anyone like Josey Wales?

sprint is the absolute worst phone company. if you think their cell service is bad you should have their local land based service.
    i wanted to put a picture here