Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    One of the reasons people post questions here is to learn something relevant to their daily work in the trade.

Some folks here post to share knowledge and information.

Some post here because they have a question that simply puzzels them and they would like some input. Even though they wont necessarily use that knowledge the next day on the job.

Some times I just make up threads asking questions to spark some discussion.
    Kind of like what DiceMan does, only I dont care what color panties y'all wear nor what your doing next weekend!

But when a guy has a question and some schmuck comes along with the gahl to post a response saying; "dont you know HOW to DO THAT???"
    "Maybe you need to get a different job."

Thankfully only a very small percent of the members here would ever post such a reply to an honest question.

There's been threads I have begun here which never got the responces I had hoped for.
    Some ended up being zero.
    Some got just what was needed, a few which were explicit. Which served me just fine.

But a couple ended up with smart alleck replies and no good answers to work with.
    Oh well.
    Its not the norm so thats okay.

But when a guy comes here and posts a good question ... what makes another guy want to show how poor his people skills are by replying with put downs?

makes ya wonder who raised these types .... they sure do not impress me.

r12 is right , it happens a lot more in here then it should. When they get a response that is more of a cut down, their a lot less likely to ask anything else and I would rather hear from a large variety of people then from a small few that are just trying look good to themselves. Anyway they know who they are.....and we pretty much know who they are. THEIR EASY TO SPOT lol

an "expert" Guest
    Bless you!
    I did tell the fellar, Sorry!
    I also told him what I use.
    The awful thing about bboards and the email thing is, that one misses the spirit in which the text was printed.
    Eat well and work safe!

Originally posted by dec
    r12 is right , it happens a lot more in here then it should. When they get a response that is more of a cut down, their a lot less likely to ask anything else and I would rather hear from a large variety of people then from a small few that are just trying look good to themselves. Anyway they know who they are.....and we pretty much know who they are. THEIR EASY TO SPOT lol
    Dec, I agree.

I am regularly in awe over what I dont know about this industry. And I been inside it for half my life now.

When I am face to face with others of long years ... I like to ask questions on some of the simple and most basic proceedures. Cause I like to see how they all do things differently.

Some of the things I have done one certain way for years... I discover I can do easier and mo betta simply by adopting what I learned thru asking questions and watching others work.

Everyone has something of value to share.

Now .. DiceMan ... he has some pretty good advice on things .. and he often chooses to share it by way of "humor"... well ... he considers it humorous anyway. And anyone who would take a goat in off the street ... and feed him and put him to work ... cant be all that bad. So I try to listen to DiceMan's advice... despite his little "twist" he puts on things.

And lately, he hasnt even been bothering the new guys.

I kinda like that.

I try to be as disuptive as is humanly possible!

You're welcome. In advance.

I think Dice is getting mellow in his old age, it broke him when Robo left goodman, he always had someone to pick on till then.

Originally posted by R12rules

Some times I just make up threads asking questions ...
    Naw! You really do that? I hadn't noticed.

You are right R12. I read most posts daily. There have been many times I wanted to respond or just ask a question but I don't. I am not afraid of anyone and I can take constructive criticism, but I can get pissed off when some smart a** responds with a smart a** answer. So I just usually find my own answers to my questions. There is no telling how many others do this to avoid being slammed. This is a great board and some great guys here. Just because a member has a high number of posts doesn't give him the right to be so rude when someone asks a legitimate question. Happy Holidays to all.

Good post 12. The way some people answer a question make it seems that they are not in a leadership or other position where they train others. The only stupid questions (besides mine) are questions not asked. Nothing is gained by making the poster sound ignorant for having asked the question.

mean people are funny to every one but the ones theyare being mean to

Originally posted by dec
    r12 is right THEIR EASY TO SPOT lol

I resemble that remark.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Who ?? What ???

You're not saying that there are smart asses on this site are you??

I've not encountered that yet.

As a hvac student, I've asked several questions and have always gotten helpful answers. No smart-a** replies, so far.
    Perhaps that's because I'm new to this field. I suspect if someone experienced asked the basic questions I have asked, they would be flamed now & then.

Anyway, I appreciate the knowledge you folks share.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast