Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Recently, my good buddy came home to a major flood in his mobile home, broken washing machine hose. Long story short, flooded ductwork and torn vapor barrier. A slow moving animal of indeterminate size has taken up residence between the barrier and the flooring above. Everynight he hears the sound of clawed feet scratching in an attempt to get into the duct. He asked me to help, I'm asking you guys for help. Any thoughts?

May be a possum, raccoon or one huge rat.

Try getting a cat trap and bait it with catfood or dogfood.

Whatever you do , don't stick your hand up in there! "Don't call us. We'll call you !"

I agree trapping is the best bet, then get the place underpinned so animals cant get under the house, Its probably a possum, Ive seen it many times, they get under a mobile home and up inside the insulation, they crawl back until they cant go any farther and stop, they are too stupid to back out so they sit there until they die.....lovely smell it creates

Poison is not an option or at least not a good one because you never know where it might die. The live trap (cat size) is also my recommendation. You may be able to call animal control in your city/county to get them to set a trap for you.

Neighbors frickin cat. Bet ya $10.

Leg hold trap and some leftovers. Don't shoot him with a pellet gun, really pisses um off. Use a .22
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Frown What is it???

You do NOT want to trap a skunk!!

Fred

I saw a movie like that. Be careful

Re: What is it???

Originally posted by ice machine undertaker
    You do NOT want to trap a skunk!!

Fred
    Not close to your house that is........
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I have trapped skunks in live traps and have never been sprayed. I pick up the trap and cart it off. I use a string to open the door and off it goes.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Surely you have heard about the glue boards animals and rodents get stuck on, they are available at most hardware stores. Just a little imagination with some duct tape upside down and a stapler can catch anything!
    I have been caught by both but not by both at the same time!

http://www.exterminator-talk.com is a helpful, do-it-yourself oriented message board.

The server sorta sucks, sometimes you have to keep clicking the link until it opens.

Light a match, turn into insurance and get a new trailer. Simple.

came home after a night of seriuos consumption to a cloud of yellow stench floating in the house.after losing dinner and a nights consumption of alcohol several times i went to the basement to find the offensive source of the death cloud.found paseed out roommate with 12 guage in hand and a splattered skunk portrait on the wall!moved the next day.don't try this at home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast