Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Physical water treatment/cooling towers

Are any of you aware of any physical/chemical free water systems that are available today for cooling towers, and hot water boilers?? And obviously Iam looking for EFFECTIVE systems or treatment solutions, THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by YESITDOES View Post
    Are any of you aware of any physical/chemical free water systems that are available today for cooling towers, and hot water boilers?? And obviously Iam looking for EFFECTIVE systems or treatment solutions, THANKS
    The only physical non-chemical treatment that I personally have seen work is to first use reverse osmosis to remove dissolved solids, or use distilled water only. We used this (distilled water) on very high powered search/height finder radar (the cooling equipment) many moons ago. Do not believe anyone who tries to flog any magnetic or electronic device to "condition" your water, you'll just pay a real pro much more later to undo the damage...

From ASHRAE

http://www.ashrae.org/pressroom/detail/17510

It does not work, yes it does. Wait I'm confusing myself. Are you a salesman?

have seen a bunch of dolphin systems used on mammoth evap condensers, and they seem to work ok.

Quote Originally Posted by flange View Post
    have seen a bunch of dolphin systems used on mammoth evap condensers, and they seem to work ok.
    Ok, as far as the dolphin thing is concerned , "IM NOT GONNA FALL FOR THE WIRE AROUND THE PIPE"

Ok, as far as the dolphin thing is concerned , "IM NOT GONNA FALL FOR THE WIRE AROUND THE PIPE"
    That sounds very smart, I should have mentioned that we mixed the distilled water with glycol (ordinary Prestone) to about 50% and replaced it every 6 months or so, of course this was the DEW/Pinetree/Mid Canada line. The Legionella is a real concern with the cooling towers, I think you are going to have to look long and hard for something non-chemical that actually works. Water treatment systems do use ultraviolet light to treat for microorganisms, but that won't help with scale deposition. Good luck, but if you find something, let us all know...

I quoted myself from you other post"WHAT IF"

Quote Originally Posted by doubleduece View Post
    Ive seen it work, but I cant say Im a big proponent of it. There is a company here locally called Descalamatic that uses what is baically strong magnets epoxied inside a section of pipe. I have a building that hase used it exclusively for about 15years on the closed loop and cooling tower. The cooling tower also has a pump, nozzles and sock filter to keep the sump sparking clean, and it does. The chiller tubes look decent every year no scale, and the closed loop is crystal clear. One day I will catch there tech pumping in chemicals,,,one day...
    If I would of killed my wife when I first met her, I'd be out of jail by now!

GET SOME!!

Quote Originally Posted by enb54 View Post
    That sounds very smart, I should have mentioned that we mixed the distilled water with glycol (ordinary Prestone) to about 50% and replaced it every 6 months or so, of course this was the DEW/Pinetree/Mid Canada line. The Legionella is a real concern with the cooling towers, I think you are going to have to look long and hard for something non-chemical that actually works. Water treatment systems do use ultraviolet light to treat for microorganisms, but that won't help with scale deposition. Good luck, but if you find something, let us all know...
    CU and AG kill legionella too bad advertising isnt accepting here

CU and AG kill legionella too bad advertising isnt accepting here
    I KNEW IT! I smelled the bulls#@! a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by cperk View Post
    I KNEW IT! I smelled the bulls#@! a mile away.
    not anything bull about copper silver ionization you may want to look into it partner

not anything bull about copper silver ionization you may want to look into it partner
    What are chiller tubes made of? Aluminum?

Quote Originally Posted by cperk View Post
    What are chiller tubes made of? Aluminum?
    Y?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast