Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    i am currently in the US Air Force and i will be seperating in june 2005.i have five years of hvac experience and i'm thinking of moving to florida thinking of tampa or orlando.i would like to know what good hvac companies are outthere to work for,and how much ls the pay

If you want to make money,dont move to FL,Employers there dont pay ****,Way too many wannabes , lower labor rates and no heating season,in the good side no state taxes!!!

In southeast most of the good jobs are in nc & sc.Florida is a bad place to do hvac work look up florida post on this web site to many guys will tell you the pay is bad.I am looking to relocate to I have a lot of job offers in florida the pay is off about 1/3

Cool 20.00 per hour

Offering 20.00 per hour,medical and matching 401k for qualified techs and 22.00 for NATE certified Techs. Minimum 5years experience w/a 2 year degree in HVACR.
    Santa Rosa Beach,Fl. Between Destin and Panama City

In central florida depends on your background, Their are companies that pay up to 27 dollars per hour.Avg 20-23 per hour

Our #1 tech here in central Florida gets $18 an hour......

Lightbulb

Looks like the wages in Florida don't suck. The whole state is in a vacuum for Professional Technicians.The wages may not be the highest in the country or internationally but the view is great.Sure we have hurricanes, but not so many noreasters,tornados,and earthquakes.Just depends on where you want to live. Adapt your skills to the needs of that area.Big city w/high rise buildings,big chillers,pumps,and towers-been there.Small Florida town, light commercial, residential, restaurant and commercial cooking equipment.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Send us your resume,year round work,just north of Tampa,check out the area.

http://www.kingsbaycam.com

There is a lot of talk about 8.00 hr starting wages.To you guys w/ a degree in hvacr (2 year),we offer 14.00hr start. Year round work? yes. Overtime? yes.On call once a month and when ever you volunteer.

I have read over and over the discussion of wages in Florida. After checking the papers and the realestate ads. After having my family that lives there ask every hvac guy they meet, I have come up with this... if we move there we are moving from southern oregon, where 2 bedroom shacks start at $265,000 and 20 bucks an hour with benefits is a darn good wage to somwhere that has a longer construction season with 3 bedroom houses starting at $130,000 where 20 bucks an hour is a decent wage. There are degrees of cost everywhere, and all these guys spouting that they made 20 bucks an hour 10 years ago when they got out of school probably made that in an area that needed 20 bucks an hour to make a comfortable living, just as it seems 20 bucks an hour can get you a comfortable living in PARTS of Florida. And like I have seen mentioned, beaches, daytona and sunshine to boot. And as far as I'm concerned, hurricanes are just job security in the long run. It all depends on your priorities and how much stress you want in your life.
    And as far as sc, and nc being better for wages, that is all fine and good if you never want your kids to go to school there, their school scores suck where Floridas are not bad, priorities.

[Edited by stockfleth on 12-21-2004 at 11:01 AM]

stockfleth I was talking about the wages in this area not what the schools are like florida is a great place to live in most areas but the pay sucks I have job offers all the time I have over six years in the hvac field most companys in florida offer me 1/3 less then other state gomezdaniel is in the air force he has five years in the hvac feild to tell him he can get $18. to $20. this is wrong some company will try to get him for $10. to $12. I am not try to talk bad about florida I take most of my vacations there but this web site is so we can help each other in the hvac field gomezdaniel sould be told the truth $10. or $12. is what some company is gone to try to start him at in florida if you can prove me wrong then do it this will be graet for gomezdaniel.gomezdaniel good luck

Actually the wages are starting to rise and much help is needed there. The state is severly damaged from one end to the other and good help is hard to find. Rebuilding will be ongoing for the next couple of years.

2 year degree hvacr - 14.00 per hour-no experience
    5 year in military w/ air force ac/r training in the refer- shop-15.00hr

[Edited by oneacman on 12-21-2004 at 04:39 PM]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast