Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mark, stop by sometime and get the behind the scenes tour.
    Ask for Chuck
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

A job at the Amon Carter? Man, I'd jump on it if I were on the Ft. Worth side of the metromess. Sounds like a good way to get deeper into commercial HVAC/R and/or work up to a really good facilities management spot. Getting dirty and hard work are not strangers to me.

Hopefully you'll find the right guy for the job. I was in Ft. Worth in March for the RSES SWRC and we stayed there three days. I quietly entertained the idea of living over there but reality kept me from going further. For now we're rooted over here in a northeast suburb of Big D. We do hope to change that someday.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

When I was with my last company...I know If I'd be in Plano or Garland at 5:00 and I'd get home over at Saginaw around 7:15...traffic REALLY sux. Now it's about a 25 minute ride each way...

Well, Ozone, I happened to mention this opportunity to my wife, who was born in Ft. Worth. Her eyes got wide and she said something I didn't think she'd say...send in a resume.

So, I just might do that, if the position is still available. Briefly, I'm currently working in Dallas as a building superintendent for a not-for-profit fitness research and education facility. I've been at this place almost eight years and it's been good, and still is. My prior work experience includes lead maintenance in apartments, residential and light commercial HVAC tech, hotel maintenance (including ice machines, reach-ins, walk-ins, kitchen appliances, etc.) I also was a machinist mate in the Navy, working with steam propulsion systems and auxiliary equipment. I'm currently a member of RSES and working toward CM status. I'm also awaiting my NATE results for core and heat pump specialty.

Guess I need to go put all that into a resume.

[Edited by shophound on 04-15-2005 at 10:10 PM]
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

Originally posted by ozone drone
    Ask for Chuck
    Hey, I'll have to take you up on that one of these days!

Last time I visited any of the museums was when they were first tearing down that appartment complex to make room for the new modern art museum.
    I used to go to the natural history museum a lot for the movies and when they had new things.
    It has probably been a good 6 years since I visited the Amon Carter museum.
    The prospect of getting a tour of the mechanical systems of the place is more exiting to me than checking out the art ever was.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Originally posted by shophound
    Well, Ozone, I happened to mention this opportunity to my wife, who was born in Ft. Worth. Her eyes got wide and she said something I didn't think she'd say...send in a resume.

So, I just might do that, if the position is still available. Briefly, I'm currently working in Dallas as a building superintendent for a not-for-profit fitness research and education facility. I've been at this place almost eight years and it's been good, and still is. My prior work experience includes lead maintenance in apartments, residential and light commercial HVAC tech, hotel maintenance (including ice machines, reach-ins, walk-ins, kitchen appliances, etc.) I also was a machinist mate in the Navy, working with steam propulsion systems and auxiliary equipment. I'm currently a member of RSES and working toward CM status. I'm also awaiting my NATE results for core and heat pump specialty.

Guess I need to go put all that into a resume.

[Edited by shophound on 04-15-2005 at 10:10 PM]
    It's still open fax 817-989-5149 Attn Kathy Goodale
    (HR manager) Do it soon

Originally posted by mark beiser
    Originally posted by ozone drone
    Ask for Chuck
    Hey, I'll have to take you up on that one of these days!

Last time I visited any of the museums was when they were first tearing down that appartment complex to make room for the new modern art museum.
    I used to go to the natural history museum a lot for the movies and when they had new things.
    It has probably been a good 6 years since I visited the Amon Carter museum.
    The prospect of getting a tour of the mechanical systems of the place is more exiting to me than checking out the art ever was.
    Now there fixin to tear down the Nat History Museum and the Omni and build a new one. Was serious about the offerof the tour.

Ozone,

My cover letter and resume have been faxed to Ms. Goodale at the above fax number.

Thank you for letting us know about this opportunity.

You're welcome Shophound.....It's like the military...hurry up and wait...They move REAL slow ...
    right Jaymax? (another member who has sent a resume and hasn't got a call yet....

Talking

LOL snails are faster!

LOL The snail Jumped!!!

Thanks Again For the behind the scenes tour

Originally posted by jaymax
    LOL The snail Jumped!!!

Thanks Again For the behind the scenes tour
    You're welcome James....hang in there...you did make a much better impression than the afternoon guy....but we have a few more to go.

I'd like to add my online thanks in addition to the opportunity I had to do it in person...man, what a facility! A beautiful building that leaves the visitor with no doubt that it, and its contents, are well managed.

BTW, the auto mechanic certification equivalent to NATE is Automotive Service Excellence, or ASE. The wonder of Google.

Thanks again, Chuck. I really enjoyed the tour.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast