Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IS THAT IN NYC? THAT GIG WILL BE PERFECT FOR ME , I DONT CARE ABOUT THE PAY JUST THE ELARINING EXPERIENCE GET BACK NAPOLIDON@AOL.COM

I think it was in Fort Worth,Texas.

It sounded good to me too.I thought he would get a bigger response.

It is in Ft Worth. I thought we'd get more responses too.
    Maybe I scared some people away because I come across as a a-hole?...maybe an art museum sounds boring?.... You'd be amazed at the eye candy that passes through... I'm an old fart ...but still can appreciate an eyefull... am not blind and dead yet.

The position is still open ... We've received about 7 resumes....We'll go through them on Monday ..call a few people in. Any questions 817-989-5129. I'm not at my desk much. Leave a # and I'll get back to you.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

No phone calls and only 7 resumes ??????

I've been in the Trade since 1972....Worked for Johnson Control 4 1/2 years, 3 years with Honeywell and 10 with Trane, Mom n'Pops, Large mechanical contractors, Gas company, School district Maintenance ,...Atmosphere and benefits wise..this is the best gig I've found. $18.00/ hr for a guy 2 years in the trade ain't bad to start..I thought....

Okay guys...why no interest? do I sound like an a-hole?
    I have a sense of humor and don't go ballistic.
    I've worked at places where I was paying $350.00/month for health insurance for the family...here they pay it all but 50.00 Don't matter if it's just you and the wife or you have 12 kids ...50 bucks. 12 days vacation the first year!
    I worked at places where all ya got is 5 days/year even after 10 years.

Spidy...Jake give me a call... I don't bite ..really

I think it sounds great.I like the part about controls training the best.

Problem is Fort worth is too fer away...and Judge Bean might still have a warrant out for my arrest.

I agree,opportunities like that dont come often.I wish I could leave right now.Oh well.

Oh ,and I meant to ask,did I see that place on TV not long ago?It was a show about the architect.I didnt pay that much attention,dont remember why it was significant.It blended into to countryside or something.

Philip Johnson was the architect for the museum and he died a month or 2 ago, in his ninties. They may have shown this place as an example of his work. Sorry you're so far away ..you sound like what I'm looking for ....Texas has no state income tax...another way to keep more of your wages.

I dont even care about the wages...
    I think the chance to get to that "side of the fence"and learn some new skills is what appealled to me.I am getting too old to be a dumb kid.
    I have lived in the area before,went to school there.I dont like the city,but I can tolerate it.

I would have a hard time leaving to go anywhere right now.But I can still dream,right?

Originally posted by jacob perkins
    I dont even care about the wages...
    Let me rephrase that,please:

Proving myself to be worth those wages would be my greatest concern.In fact,as my priorities are to first learn and then to perform,I might get confused.I might feel pressured to perform at that wage level without the requisite knowlege,skill,or supervision.I am not being facetious here.I must be honest with you.If I were given this opportunity with a company willing to provide training in areas that I lack knowlege,then I could be satisfied with less wages than you are offering.In fact,I would insist.

So,if you can offer less(and can postpone filling the vacancy for at least two months or more)then I would be an excellent candidate for the position that you have described.

My statments here are not intended to reflect value judgments on anyone other than myself,jacob perkins,and should not be construed as such.The substantial wages offered are an important aspect of finding and retaining qualified employees.

That's not too much money Mr. Perkins. The job can be very physical. Each condenser on the chillers has about 300 tubes that have to be rotary brushed cleaned. The boilers have to be opened annually for cleaning and inspection using impact tools and chain hoists. Coolimg tower cleaning is a wet messy job. All the air handlers have carbon filters to remove chemical pollutants. Our largest air handler has over 300 carbon filters and they weigh 12lbs. each and if you're mot already black before changing those..you will be after. Above the 6'X 6'ceiling tiles in the galleries are fan powered vav boxes with their own air filter that has to be changed. It takes 2 guys on a scissor lift about 20 minutes to change one filter...after co-ordinating with art gurus who either move or cover any art that could be damaged if we drop a screwdriver or a ceiling tile.

All the air handlers have steam humdifiers that need semi-annual cleaning. We maintain a dust collection system for the wood shop that makes display cases and frames for the art. There a make-up air unit for a paint booth. Many sump and sewage pumps to maintain....3 ice machines, a few chillers for drinking water fountains....

Hopefully who's ever hired will want to stay and progress up to the facility manager position which pays around 80 k. Call me and I'll give you HR's fax #

,that's a fair answer...

Well,okay you have twisted my arm enough.I am sure you know more about the regional cost of living and prevailing wages for this type work.However,respectfully of course,like fat eddy,I too cannot back down from my statement.I truly believe what I have posted.Call me foolish.Call me hack.Call me lowballer.

Or,maybe I am just the type of cultural relic that could find a home in your museum...yea,that's it.

Looking back over the thread,I will address some of your other concerns:

10.Yes,I am glad there is much physical work involved.That is to be expected.

9.Yes,I have no substantial experience with most of what you described specifically,except the "working" part.

8.Yes,I am eager to learn because I have so much to learn.

7.Yes,I am not afraid of strange long hours of hard work, and then sitting down to study.

6.Yes,I have schooling,licenses,certificates.

5.Yes,I am rightly afraid of dangerous work.

4.Yes,I do not have any bad habits that I am aware of.(And if I do,please let me know.)

3.Yes,I come from the "attics and crawlspaces" without a resume to send,as heretofore I have not needed one as such.

2.Yes,I would have to relocate,but to me that is not a big ordeal.

1.And yes,after reading your last post and the description of the actual work involved,I know that I would make one fine helper.

[Edited by jacob perkins on 04-08-2005 at 06:12 AM]

My input will ammount to about 25% of the decision on who's hired ...I have a boss and he has a boss and the Human Resources mangaer all have veto power over my choice.

Man, I would have been first in line to apply for that 4 years ago, hell, I even lived on the 1300 block of Camp Bowie, wich is within walking disgance of there, lol.

That would be a bit more of a pay cut than I can take now though.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast