Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Originally posted by shophound
    I'd like to add my online thanks in addition to the opportunity I had to do it in person...man, what a facility! A beautiful building that leaves the visitor with no doubt that it, and its contents, are well managed.

BTW, the auto mechanic certification equivalent to NATE is Automotive Service Excellence, or ASE. The wonder of Google.

Thanks again, Chuck. I really enjoyed the tour.
    You're welcome Cameron....I could sure use a hand... After all the interviews are done Kathy, Alfred and I will compare notes and make a selection....It's a tougher job than I imagined (hiring somebody)
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Any word, yet?
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Originally posted by shophound
    Any word, yet?
    No sir. We still have a few more people to interview and either the HR or Facilities manager has been unavailable for interviews. I know...a snail's pace.

Thanks, Chuck. I appreciate the update. I'll keep an ear to the ground.

• HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

Chuck,
    Thanks for the tour of the facility...I came away very impressed. Hope that I am in serious consideration of job opportunity, as I would certainly fill the need as a "good" assistant. Thanks again...

I'm guessing you're Mark? ... you're welcome...It's a slow process....hope I live long enough to see someone hired

Smile

Ozone
    Although I'am disappointed at not getting the job,thanks for the consideration.

Congratulations to Shophound for winning the Great Snail Race of 2005.LOL

James,

I've always been on the other side of the desk at interviews and It's tough decision..we wavered back n forth between the top 3 and Shophound came out on top. Once I was the #2 choice and three months later the employer called to hire me ..but I had found something else by then... Maybe you can get Shop's ex-job???? Good Luck James

Chuck

Wow!

We had to take a trip to that museum for my creative writing class at TCC... was taking it for my associates to go along with my HVAC certificates.

I must say though I dont think it can top the tour of ALCON ... they had the largest Mezzenin ( hower you spell that ) ive ever or will ever see.

Thanks for the congrats, Jaymax. I'm quite sure I was up against some very good prospects for the job, including you. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Well, for the time being, my position at the Cooper Institute has been filled. My boss told me this morning that if I knew anyone who still wanted to send in a resume to do so, just in case this new guy doesn't work out. I think he should, however. I got two weeks to break him in.

My thanks again to Chuck and to the museum for posting this opportunity on HVAC-Talk.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234