Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    It's not finalized yet....should know in a few weeks.

This would be a great opportunity for somebody wanting to learn commercial. 220 ton chillers, cooling towers, 100# steam boilers, vavs, Johnson Controls automation system,
    100 horsepower supply air fan on our largest air handler,
    variable frequency drives, 20 degree cold storage vaults,
    40 hp split case chilled water pumps. I'd rather train somebody a few years out of school with residential/light commercial experience than try to break bad habits.

Start pay should be around $18.00/hr ...benefits package one of the best I've seen. Mellow atmosphere....museums are not financially tied to economic boom/bust cycles. Lookin for somebody that has a real desire to learn., not afraid of work... cuz we don't sub it out to contractors. Not bothered about being occasionally called in in the middle of the night. This wouldn't be a dead end job either...I'll be 56 next birthday so within 10 years I'll be gone and my boss has 25 years here's so he'll be pullin the plug in a few years....

Wish I had known about the museum racket years ago. Stay tuned..hope to be officially posting within a few weeks.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

museum

Sounds nice,Ozone.

20 degree storage?
    Ice sculptures,frozen caveman,...what?

Sometimes there are compounding complexities of multiple variables that are not intuitively obvious

Color photo negatives and prints.....they don't fade if kept cold....we also have a 60 degree storage for black and white photo negatives, Daugerrotypes and some prints that are over 150 years old. The vaults are like a large walk-in they also have desiccant wheels for humidity control.

This position was approved today. We should have an ad on the job listings next week.

Originally posted by ozone drone
    This position was approved today. We should have an ad on the job listings next week.
    There it is. Must be for smart people who know all that computer stuff.

It's preferred you have some automation experience...but not required. The museum doesn't mind sending us out for schooling. They've sent me, the plumber and electrician to Johnson Controls training courses. Send in your resume, they may even help with relocating expenses.

[Edited by ozone drone on 03-02-2005 at 07:43 PM]

Museum huh? Wow thats sounds really interesting, being around all that history while working in the trade......I can get coffee like nobodys business! sounds really neato Ozone....
    If I know I'm going Crazy,I must not be Insane

Yeah everybody has the idea of a fat bald guy sittin behind a desk, readin playboy, slurpin coffee and grabbin the phone, callin in contractors when somethin breaks. Somebody calls em a rolodex chief...I've seen those types

Truth is I'm as busy as a one armed paperhanger with the crabs. I got 3 centrifugals that are due for their annual stop....cooling towers to clean, pumps to overhaul, filters and belts to change and I could us a hand. Had 14 hours overtime last paycheck.

It's a good benefits package

1 sick day/month. first 2 years 1 vacation day/month
    after 2 years 10 hrs /month (15 days/year) after 5 years its 18 days/year after 10 years 20 days/year. after 2 years they pay health insurance for the family your part is only $50.00/month. They match 5% salary in 401k. 12 holiday days/year...Buy your work boots 1 pair/year (whatever kind you want) Nice christmas party..all dinner and drinks on them, door prizes like $250.00 to home depot...pay for schooling(Johnson Courses) and dues for RSES.Nice people to work for..not government affiliated. Amon Carter's (One of the founders of American Airlines)family has a foundation that funds the museum. The atmosphere is like you find at colleges. Even our retirement is with TIAA CREF, the university and teachers investment group.

[Edited by ozone drone on 03-02-2005 at 11:26 PM]

I didnt mean it that way........Really does sound interesting..........Did not mean to degrade you or your poistion in anyway if it came off that way!!!!!

guess it was a bad joke about an assistants...cause one would tend to think they are coffee getters and aaron boys... but sounds like you could keep them very busy...While learning a bunch..I would love an oppurtunity like that.....But I am sure I am way under qualified...

[Edited by Spidy on 03-02-2005 at 11:31 PM]
    If I know I'm going Crazy,I must not be Insane

If you have a technical schooling certificate and a few years experience.....you'll be considered. Would rather someone eager to learn commercial and be a sponge than somebody who thought they knew it all and felt they were too good to change a filter.

Confused

Job has been listed for a week and no resumes have shown up.
    I guess everybody likes their 140 degree attics and muddy crawl spaces, seasonal slow times, hot/cold/wet rooftops, mediocre benefits and little prospects for advancement.

Faxed a resume just checking if you got it.

Thanks

We've received six resumes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast