Anybody own a Kel Tec PF9?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody own a Kel Tec PF9?

This is a medium frame 9mm handgun made by CNC Industries. Thinking about getting one for its ease of carry and concealment.

Wanted to know if you have one and what you think of it?

Tanks!
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    This is a medium frame 9mm handgun made by CNC Industries. Thinking about getting one for its ease of carry and concealment.

Wanted to know if you have one and what you think of it?

Tanks!
    I dont like anything keltech.
    Ive shot many of my brothers, suckers hurt your hand after awhile, ive never enjoyed shooting them.
    I use my sig or hammerless sw 3/8, for concealed , both pricey but worth it.

Really, they arent fun to shoot.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

I was reading some owners reviews and they seem to like them. Its a sacrifice for carry comfort...the smaller the gun while maintaining a decent caliber will tend to make your hand absorb more shock fosho.

Im still shopping for something light and sleek in an auto that wont bug me when I move about.

I all ready have a Glock and was looking for something different that didnt cost 700 - 1000 bucks.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

Look at a Smith & Wesson M&P compact. I have one and love it. You can get it in 9mm, .40, and I think .45 but not sure. They run about 6 bills if I remember right. My wife has a Taurus Millinium 9 that she really likes also that is a little cheaper.

Hmm

i carry a 380 keltek in my tool box. if i am in a bad area, its in my back pocket, looks like my wallet. I pity the sucker, if he tries to take my bill fold. hes goin down buddy

Can't buy a keltec in ca, new that is. My weekend mission was to find a replacement for my 357 as ccw. 357 was too big and shiny. Glock 26 is my best option. Tomorrow, they get my money and in 15 days, I get my Baby glock.

Have the P3AT and am a bit less than impressed. Bought it more of a novelty than to carry. Have had a few failure to fires at the range. If you are really interested in the keltec there is a KTOG (Kel tec Owners Group) that has a daily email digest. Mostly off topic as there is really nothing new to discuss, but still a wealth of information.

A "Fluff and Buff" is usually recommended for the Keltec models. Maybe look into Kahr or XD for carry stuff. I would only use the keltec for a backup gun.

God forbid you actually need it and it acts temper mentally.

Look at a Ruger LCP, its .380 and very light. I went from a .25 auto to the .380 and it is half the weight and the same physical size. 300.00 brand new.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

If ya wanna go cheap and still good get a bursa 380. Very nice gun for the money.

Excellent! Thanks for the advice and I will surely look into all of your suggestions.

I always thought the same about Kel-tec. Looking for a .380 for a CCW, I was Going to buy a Ruger. Killing time at three different shops before making a decision, all three of the guys behind the counter, said Kel-Tec over the Ruger LCP and to back it up all three had a Kel-Tec's in their pocket. I have two Kel-tec's now.
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

All I know is they hurt my hands ,and I have gorilla hands.

I have friends who own the PF9 and are really happy with it. I have shot it a bunch and defenitely like it. For work my daily is a Ruger LCP which is essentially a knock-off of the Kel-Tech P3at. If I would do it again I would go for the PF9. For the size, weight, calibur, and cost it just can't be beat. I'm hoping they will come out with somthing in the .40 calibur next.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast