right upside the head. Went downtown to a store an saw a parking spot taht had 2' taken up by the guy in next spot. I pulled in tight behind and saw a fire hydrant about 6' behind me, so I run in real quick and back out in less than 2 minutes.

NO police or ticket or anything like that happens..

I notice the hydrant is FAKE! What idiot would put a fake hydrant on the curb just like a real one? Number one-that is NOT a cute joke. Number 2-looks real so wouldn't fire dept try to use it when a REAL fire hits one of those buildings?

I felt like snatching the thing up and throwing it against the building, there's bound to be a law against stupid stuff like this.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

When you find a guy parking his rig like that, just shove a cucumber up his tail pipes and sit back and watch what happens next....

snicker snicker.....

The fire hydrant ..... Alan Funt musta been filming in your area

Depends on where you are, whether or not the FD would try to use it. If it's a relatively small town, chances are that the FD would realize that it wasn't supposed to be there, and pass it by. If it's a big city, they might stop at it, but the second that one of the crew tried to tie hose to it for a lay, they'd realize it, unless it was bolted down, which would be a real prick thing to do, because they might lay a hundred or two hundred feet of hose before the next due engione tried to connect to it, only to realize it was a fake. NOBODY likes to pack hose, and that would tend to piss one off on top of it.

I've heard of small town cops using those fake hydrants to boost their ticket quota, but that's definitely illegal, and a VERY old trick. More than likely some jackass bought one off ebay to "save" a spot.

Bear in mind, also, that in most municipalities that actually HAVE hydrants, (And 85% of my county does NOT have them,) the curb should be painted yellow, orange, or even red for about twenty or so feet either side of the plug.

I would've just taken the thing, and donated it to a local vet's office, but, then I have extremely large, metallic testicles when it comes to this sort of thing.

Oh, one more thing:

If you DO park in front of a live hydrant, and hose needs to be laid. Your vehicle WILL make a dandy hose holder. In fact, we always kept a special section of the old canvas coated hose, with brass couplings, just for special occaisions such as a parked in hydrant.

It had about fifty holes in it. The brass couplings make it easy to thread through a parked vehicle, windows up or down-doesn't matter.

In my area firefighters don't put up with any shenanigans. They would go after someone using a fake hydrant in a heartbeat.

Have had incidences like CDave has mentioned along with cars parked in fire zones being pushed out of the way by the fire trucks, then towed away.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by condenseddave
    I've heard of small town cops using those fake hydrants to boost their ticket quota, but that's definitely illegal, and a VERY old trick.
    You've been watching Dukes of Hazzard reruns again haven't you.

Go find some stray dogs......
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I wouldn't think of pushing a car out of the ay. Chrome bumpers are chrome bumpers. I know guys that have done that, though. I prefer that special section of 3".

Post Re: Oh, one more thing:

If you DO park in front of a live hydrant, and hose needs to be laid. Your vehicle WILL make a dandy hose holder. In fact, we always kept a special section of the old canvas coated hose, with brass couplings, just for special occaisions such as a parked in hydrant.

It had about fifty holes in it. The brass couplings make it easy to thread through a parked vehicle, windows up or down-doesn't matter.
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Re: Re: Oh, one more thing:

Originally posted by AllTemp

Somehting liek this one :-)

AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Sorta,

That looks like 5".

Not leaky, though. If I were the pump operator, the water would be flowing out the windows.

I like that it's a Beemer. Some jackass yuppy earned the damage.