Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

my 4x4 ....

gets 19 mpg ... ranger 4.0 ltr ... it'l smoke them tires, too !

<SMACK> But not deserved. You can't beat the turning radius of a ford.

Classic: yes as a matter of fact he does have a 4wd. His is a 250 dbl cab. We are out here in cali so the elevation doesnt affect us . He hasnt put the chip in his yet and he says the same thing about power. He can smoke the tires from a standstill. My BIL had a 4wd f250 , a 2003 with 1500 mi on it
    At a Light I felt the trans slip when it made 2nd gear , the next light it did the same thing, trans oil temp went to 250 deg. he shut it down and that was it , Ford ended up putting a new trans in it for him. other than that it was a good truck. that one had the v10 in it

You don't need someone else to smack you. You will be smacking yourself enough soon.

Well maybe I need smacked too. I bought a new E-350 SD cargo van for 18,500 back in may this year,and so far I havent had any problems with a little over 16000 miles so far. So nice to have the 10,000# of towing whenever I need it!

Ct you have to expect lower fuel mileage with a 4X4 for one thing it is going to have lower gear ratio's.
    I don't understand buying a V10 when the diesel is available but to each his own.
    If the tranny failed at 1500 miles it was just plain bad. That can happen to anything hell even Copeland is known to occasionally build a clunker compressor.
    The nice thing about the Superchip is it also reprograms the Trans for different shift points and it hits the gears harder. One of the main reasons transmission fail is because in order to attract a broader market the Tyranny’s are set to shift soft by letting it engage slowly with lots of slip. Clutch plate slippage is a death knell for the trans, so harder shifts with the chip will extend tranny life.
    Tell your buddy to buy the Superchip online it is $300.00 includes free overnight shipping. I will find the company I bought it on and post the link.

Here is the link I was wrong it was $399.95 not $300.00 still cheap for what it does and cheaper than buying at the local autoparts store. This thing also reads all diagnostic codes.

http://www.autoanything.com/products...er_performance

Thanks for the link. I know he intends to get one for this truck. All in all its a damn nice truck.

Originally posted by classical
    Ct you have to expect lower fuel mileage with a 4X4 for one thing it is going to have lower gear ratio's.
    I don't understand buying a V10 when the diesel is available but to each his own.
    If the tranny failed at 1500 miles it was just plain bad. That can happen to anything hell even Copeland is known to occasionally build a clunker compressor.
    The nice thing about the Superchip is it also reprograms the Trans for different shift points and it hits the gears harder. One of the main reasons transmission fail is because in order to attract a broader market the Tyranny’s are set to shift soft by letting it engage slowly with lots of slip. Clutch plate slippage is a death knell for the trans, so harder shifts with the chip will extend tranny life.
    Tell your buddy to buy the Superchip online it is $300.00 includes free overnight shipping. I will find the company I bought it on and post the link.
    Hey classical!!!

I bet you'll like this site if you have the 6.0 as I do ....enjoy http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbt...s.php?Cat=&C=2

I am sure you heard them all FORD:

Found on road dead.
    Never first on race day.
    Fixed or repaired daily.
    and so on

When its all I can afford then I buy a FORD.
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

Great Truck,you wont be let down with this one, be sure to have front end checked at about 80K.

A truck, like a furnace, is only as good as the dealer you buy it from. Around here the best dealer I ever worked with happens to be a Ford dealer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12