Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LOL. Had a few Fords in my time... mostly Chevys. But I have been lookin for a new truck and was cruisin around the back lot of the Ford dealer and there it was...Dark metalic red E 350 super duty, posi rear, Chrome bumpers, Cloth seats, bin package, cd player, power windows and locks, some kinda light package..stickered at close to 30 grand. It is a 2004... called the dealer and asked them what they would take for it. Thought about 23 or 24 ..they faxed me $19,800. Plus tax (.05%) ITS MINE. Now I need me a "Ford" guy ...anybody but Kurt Busch. I'm the owner so my truck should be cooler than the workin stiffs (my son) he he.

been a chevy guy myself, but that new 2005 mustang sure looks fine! Going back to the classic look.

"Smack smack" and here's the finger for good measure.

True story..
    One of the service techs that work for our company was complaining to Ford dealership about his Ford E250 van and all the mechanical problems with it.
    The service manager said, "What do you expect, its a Ford?
    Guess it must have been a long day for him.

I had a 2002 Ford at my old job, liked that van. Right now Im in a 95 Chevy with 200K on it! Still runs strong but the Minnesota rust it tearing it apart, Id take a new one happily
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

Over the years I have owned four ford trucks.Each one of those trucks gave me over 250,000 miles.The old girl I have now is just now getting pretty tired at 263,000.I hope I find a good deal like you did too lol
    Take your time & do it right!

Just traded in my 1999 F-350 CrewCab Dually Diesel for new F-250 CrewCab with the 6.0 Diesel. Bought a superchip now I have four performance setings. Stock 325 HP almost 500 ft.lbs. towing 405HP 600ft.lbs Economy 450HP 650ft.lbs. Performance 475HP 700+ ft.lbs.

Kid in a 2004 Mustang GT tried to outrun me to an on ramp blew his doors of and that was in the economy mode. This thing will flat get down the road. I am going to time it 0 to 60 and in 1/4 mi.

Best thing is in economy I get 15 to 16 MPG around town and 24 at 70 on the highway 28 at 55.

Originally posted by classical
    Best thing is in economy I get 15 to 16 MPG around town and 24 at 70 on the highway 28 at 55.
    Holly batman. 24 @ 70 I am going to be sick, that should be against the law.

How much was the chip?

$300.00

I got all this performance and economy without changing the breather or the exhaust. I do need to install an EGT (exhaust gas thermometer) to make sure exhaust before the turbo doesn't exceed 1300* F.

If I nail the throttle at 15 MPH it will pull the truck sideways when it shifts into 2nd.
    It is so much fun I can't stand it.

Originally posted by classical
    It is so much fun I can't stand it.
    To funny. We never grow up do we, when we spent our younger years racing?

Classical:
    A friend of mine just bought a 6.0, he doesnt have a chip in his yet but 10 mpg is the best he seems to get . he has a flatbed on it and usually 6 dog boxes on the bed, but that combo isnt much heavier than a stock bed.

he traded in a 2003 f 250 and that truch he had chipped , put the big exaust on it and a ball bearing turbo and he only got 12 with that one

sounds like you got an exceptional truck and a good deal. be carefull with the trannies though they are weak, cant overheat them. make sure you have a cooler on the yrans

Always been a Chevy man myself, but just recently bought a 04 f150 longbed. The bed in this thing is huge. My father in law went to work for Ford so I got a great deal on it. All of the new body style f150s have 4 doors which is great. I really like this truck. I average about 17mpg loaded down with stuff and sitting in stop and go Atlanta traffic most of the time.

I don't know that I have an exceptional truck I know several people with the same basic trucks with similar mileage.

Many people have talked about the tranmissions but this is my third Diesel and my fourth Ford since 1990 and have not had but one trans failure. That was on 1989 F-350 7.3 CC Dually with 190,000 miles on it.

My new truck has a factory trans cooler and gauge. All of my trucks have pulled boats and travel trailers. My boat weighs in at 4200# haven't pulled it with this one yet.

Ct does your friend have the 4X4 they don't get as good fuel mileage elevation can also reduce mileage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast