Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I went to a rental house to do a clean and check today and found a womans wedding ring in the bottom of the return boot and also an old Ted williams baseball card in bad shape. The home has 3 large central return grates in the floor, one of which is near the return drop. The ring is 18k gold with one large diamond and 4 smaller diamonds ( says 18k inside the band ). The house is not occupied now and previously had a gay guy living there. 10 years ago, it was purchased from the family of an old lady that passed away. Im going to take to a jeweler and see what its worth. The diamond is bigger than my wifes and I know what I paid for hers. No, Im not saying anything to the landlord and thats final! Man am I happy. Keep your eyes peeled you guys.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

That's not fair!! I'm gonna tell

I had a grand mother that lived in Okland county Michigan that lost a big diamond ring just before she past away. Thats probably not any part of the country your in but by any chance if it is I will give you my address and you can mail it to me so I can look and make sure its not hers.........okkkk

[Edited by dec on 12-15-2004 at 07:10 PM]

My aunt postd a 60 dollar reward for a ring with your discription. This is your lucky day. Just post me a picture of the ring and if it matches, i'll arrange the transfer of property and make sure you get what's coming to you. This is great! We can hardly wait!

Coolwhip, now you know why when people win the lottery they keep quiet about it.

My brother works for the IRS, I'm gonna make sure you have to pay tax on that ring!

You know, I had heard they were keeping Ted Williams chilled, so this is what they meant I guess.

If it's a good diamond.......

Don't sell it, make your wifey a pendant out of it. Get ya alot of good husband credits.

Oh yea, don't tell her it was free neither.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

First off does anyone know if 18K is good gold? I thought like 24K was good stuff.

Second, if someone had thought that they lost that ring in that house wouldn't your think they would have tore that return register apart!

I am thinking that it is a glass imitation from an old time Cracker Jacks box. Either that or it has a curse on it by the old lady who died but is still looking for for her ring.

There did I make your day??

I herd 18k is better then 14k.

Well coolwhip I guess finding that ring made walking thru a house that smell like ass all worth it.

About 4 years ago my wife lost her wedding ring. I felt bad and bought her a new set for over 4 grand. After we moved out of that house I rented it out and ended up evicting them and they trashed the place. While I was cleaning it out I found her wedding set in the return. I let my daughter wear it home and show it to mommy. She about ****. But being that I was broke when we got married that old set was 500 bucks if that, so she still wears the new set.

Keep that ring and don't tell anyone at work about it. Just family. And remember all the lousy crawl spaces and attics, etc that you had to endure before luck finally found you.

Get it appraised on the quiet.
    typically rings are made of 14 to 18 karet as 24 karet is a little soft for the job and stones fall out.
    18 kt is good ring gold, just get the stone checked to see if its real too.
    and lucky you!
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast