Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just got off work at 0600. It is 30 degrees outside. I'm in South Texas. My fingers won't work and my feet are frozen. How do you guy's up north work in the cold?

30??????

Hell, it's the same temp here in CO and I'm not even wearing a coat. Regular heat wave. Supposed to get up to 40 today!!!! Way better than the -8 we had after Thanksgiving! Freeze your tools to your hands temperature.

[Edited by spotts on 12-15-2004 at 11:26 AM]
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

What do you consider up north. Twenty Years ago where I lived,we considered anything north of Three Rivers Texas to be up north.Now its Waco Texas.

You get used to it. I enjoy the cold.............the real question is this, how do you work when it's 105 out?

I think it's easier to warm up than cool down!

Hot out here today almost got to double digits!

Finally had a somewhat cold day this weekend (-23)F
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

LOL Yeah, it's warmm got up to upper's 30 today, didn't have a jacket on this afternoon when I was outside.

Next week it's supposed to get real cold here in chicago, and a possibility of lake effect snow.

Cool

Yeah, when it's over 100 degrees out your tools burn you when you pick them up. You wear loose white clothes. The women tend to wear a lot less also. Hell, the women go topless at bars after dark, especially the dance halls with no A/C. And what is a "lake effect snow"?

Check this out..I was crying this morning about it being 30 outside. I've got the central heat on and the wife has the a/c on in our bedroom? WTF??? Is it her or me? Wet bulb outside 48 it's almost 2 am.

bryan l Guest
    Up north? Well Im up here in Calgary Alberta and we get some chilly days and nights. -30 is not unusual but you just have to work threw it. How do we do it? Insulated coveralls, warm boots, warm gloves and the drive to fix the frigen problem and get the hell out of there and into your running truck or inside to warm the hell up.

Can you say modivation?

Smile

I can't even think that I could work or otherwise indure that kind of weather. My hat's off to you, your a better man than me. Guess i'm just a sissy.

Cool

So this is the way it is today. Woke up at noon. The wife has the front and back doors open airing the house. I told you that I must be a sissy. Reality will hit in the morning. Up at 3:30am and off to work. Hey, ratherbefishing, Three rivers is about 50 miles from here. I spent a week there one day! Roy

Originally posted by oroy54
    Yeah, when it's over 100 degrees out your tools burn you when you pick them up. You wear loose white clothes. The women tend to wear a lot less also. Hell, the women go topless at bars after dark, especially the dance halls with no A/C. And what is a "lake effect snow"?
    Lake effect snow happens around the great lakes when cold air passes over the warmer lake water. Usually Indiana gets alot of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast