Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My longest drive for a service call was 250 miles, one way! I found out the day before I took over covering calls for a buddy who was goin in for surgery.

This was waaaaaayyyyyy out of the area!

I spent eleven hours on the raod that day. Plus the time I spent at two markets.

Made the run From Tucson Az to Yuma Az (San Luis), somewhere around 225 miles. Longest distance traveled was from Miami Florida to St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands back in 1989 and 1990.
    Jim
    Tucson, Az
    Keeping the Ice Cream Frozen!

Originally posted by market-tech
    Longest distance traveled was from Miami Florida to St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands back in 1989 and 1990.
    I never did like airplanes for service work.... the meals always stink.

I went to Hawaii to install a 5 ton AC in my sisters Fish market from san antonio. Im not sure if that counts.

Then I need to go back sometime next year to install a walk in frezzer. She pays me for it so maybe it counts as a service call.

I think thats about 5000 miles one way.

I drove to Redding Ca. from NJ to service my G/F before she moved out here.
    If you really know how it works, you have an execellent chance of fixin' er up!

Tomorrow is promised to no one...

ft.myers to key west to repair a pool heater.. all expenses paid... left fri. made repair on sat. returned on sun.not sure of the miles but it took 8 hrs.

Walk-in freezer at a uranium mine. They called friday morning. I left friday around lunch, arrived at the mine at midnight. Changed the compressor, got back in my van and stared driving. Got home saturday afternoon. 24 hours of driving, 4 hours of work. I'm still tired, and that was last year.

Was living in Orlando, had a service call in Orange Co, Ca

Was living in Saskatoon, did regular service calls, by plane, to Uranium mines up north

frobisher bay ........The native peoples, close to north pole, almost meet Santa Claus.

this was 20 years ago, went there for defective freezer at the airport.
    Don't interrupt me while i'm talking to myself

Originally posted by shaka
    I went to Hawaii to install a 5 ton AC in my sisters Fish market from san antonio. Im not sure if that counts.

Then I need to go back sometime next year to install a walk in frezzer. She pays me for it so maybe it counts as a service call.

So far yo got us all beat.

From Phoenix to Page, AZ: about 4 hours each way

From Phx to Window Rock,AZ on the Navajo nation: 5 hours each way

From Phx to Chatsworth, CA: plane ride there, 5 day stay

I am not positive how far it was but I went to an undisclosed area in another country when I was stationed in honduras c.a.while in the army.The farthest I drove would have to be to my bosses cottage up north of sturgeon bay probably 4 hours round trip.
    Take your time & do it right!

Originally posted by shaka

Call me if you need a helper on that WIF...LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast