Advancing in the trade - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    After I got out of the Navy-12 years, I got a job with a company with 3 service techs. I rode with other techs for 3 months before the boss put me in my own truck. I went on pager rotation and passed the journeyman test for Virginia as soon as my time was reached for eligibility. The best compliment I ever received was when the owner/boss referred to me as a sponge. I heard this from one of the senior techs.
    I now have my own small shop in Texas, and I hope that I am still a sponge.
    Licensing laws are tough, and it's about time.

The best way to get a raise or a promotion is to quit and go to work for someone who will give you what your worth and give you the opportunity you seek. If your employer won’t recognize your abilities and give you the opportunity to advance, his competitor will
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

I had just the opposite problem Iwas thrown to the wolfs NOT a fun way to learn .Had the pager after my first month .Worst part was I had no idea of personel safty,could have been killed .
    is this really happening or not

I don't know about the other guys here but I have been doing this for nearly twenty years & still learn new things all the time.You are just touching the tip of the iceburg.Slow down & soak up all you can.
    Take your time & do it right!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12