Has anyone used/own this drill bit sharpener?

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT...PMPXNO=8712186

I belief HD or Lowes have them also. Your recommendation/comments on this or other brands.

I've noticed Amazon's prices for tools are pretty good. That same Drill Doctor is almost $30 cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...hi/B0001Q2VO6/

I've always been lucky enough to be able to sharpen them by eye on a bench grinder.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Yea ive used one, and it made the bit worse than it was when it was just dull.
    On the flute of a drill you have the cutting edge and each flute should be ground so that the cutting edge is the highest point and relieved behind the cutting edge. That thing cut the back of the flute higher than the cutting edge

Originally posted by ct2
    On the flute of a drill you have the cutting edge and each flute should be ground so that the cutting edge is the highest point and relieved behind the cutting edge. That thing cut the back of the flute higher than the cutting edge
    That's why we quit using it. Bits go a walkin' !!!

Two Thumbs Down.

I've had one for a couple years. Tough to master. Most guys throw them in a corner after the first couple attempts, but I'm not beaten by any machine.

Now, I use it all the time.

You mainly need to follow the instructions, which kinda suck, to the letter, and have a pile of bad bits to f^ck around with before using it with good bits.

I've had zero problems with it since I figured it out.

Originally posted by bb
    Originally posted by ct2
    That's why we quit using it. Bits go a walkin' !!!

Two Thumbs Down.
    Must be pushing the chuck too hard. Try it again with next to no inward pressure.

No problems with mine, except for masonry bits. I have to go back to the instructions to properly set masonry bits in the holder every time.

Originally posted by condenseddave
    Must be pushing the chuck too hard. Try it again with next to no inward pressure.
    WOW!! That's exactly what my wife told me.