Thread: Heil furnace inducer noise

Post Likes

Heil furnace inducer noise

A client has a Heil condensating furnace with a draft inducer that runs for a while and than wo't restart. It makes a noise as though something is in it. After being off for a while it will run again..Is there any posibility condensation is stopping it from running and than draining off and allowing the inducer to restart? The unit is 1987 vintage.

Post Likes
    one of those horizontal inducers?

most likeley IMO the wheel is comeing apart. the motor is bogging down and cycling on theral safty.

Post Likes
    thermal safty

Post Likes
    My old furnace had the exact same inducer motor, it's mounted horizontal and eventually the bearings wear out because of the way there mounted, I bet you'll have to replace the inducer motor is your best option, if after replacing that there's still problems then it maybe the little blk box/brains of the furnace that will most likely be the next problem.

Post Likes
    23 year old heil. replace inducer??
    new furnace time me thinks

Post Likes
    I also believe those furnaces in that time period had a recall on the heat X I had mine replaced when I first had a tech come look at the furnace he noticed they were under a recall at the time which would make it about 8-10 yrs ago I think. Replace the inducer and your good to go.

Post Likes
    blower,gas valve ,circutboard,burners,pressure switch,limit switch,rollout switch(es),wires a new heat exchanger is not a new furnace. a 10 year old heat exchanger in a 23 year old furnace---might be a time to consider replacement (tax credit going away)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in