+ Reply to Thread

Thread: territory and time

Post Likes
    At what point are customers too far to service ,how much windshield time is too much?With 24/7 support how large can your territory be?

press1 is offline Professional Member BM -bad email address
    Post Likes
    It would depend upon if you guarantee a response time and if you are a one man show. If you service too large an area your local customers will stop calling because you can't respond fast enough.

Post Likes
    Depends on your area and direction of travel, we can go up to 3 hrs, 3 different directions for supermarket or special service before the next largest outfit is closer.
    Met someone who had 4 seperate refrigeration outfits in same city (Montreal) or so he said!
    How many employees?
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

Post Likes
    We have 6 trucks ao the road with three being apprentices.We sevice convenience stores ac and refrigeration ,oil heat and car wash garage doors.Covering three states.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by onesidedcoin
    We have 6 trucks ao the road with three being apprentices.We sevice convenience stores ac and refrigeration ,oil heat and car wash garage doors.Covering three states.
    You cover three states????? I hope you're in New England where the states are kinda small.

I'm a one man operation doing C-Stores and such on the east coast of Florida where the territory is define by the Atlantic on the east and I-95 on the west with about ten miles in between. I run about forty mile north and forty miles south, which port-to-port still ends up at about an hour's time on a good day.

I don't mind getting paid to look through my windshield, but I can't make any coin doing that all day for one call.

Car wash garage doors??? What's up with that?

Post Likes
    "Have passport, will travel" {Reads the card of the man...}

"If you've got the money, honey, I've got the time"

"It's 186 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas and a half a pack of cigarettes. It's dark, we're wearing shades."

Get the point? You pay the freight, I'll be there.

Post Likes
    And if I drive 20% faster thats $10/hr on OT!
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

Post Likes
    We do only supermarkets, we service an area 6 hr in any direction, do some installs in crazy places, farm out warranty

Denali Park, Alaska, McMurdo Station, Antarctica
    Post Likes

Travel?

I only cover a sq mile, but I commute for over 12000 miles to get there.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in