+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what kind of jackets u guys wearing ?

Post Likes
    Used to work for jack! Got laid off in august after 16 years. They are using all vendors now.After 16 years of free lunch, the food is OK.

I would love to get out of here. Maybe in a couple of years when kids graduate.

"TRAFFIC SUCKS"

Post Likes
    whats jack in the box ?

Post Likes
    i used to say
    we are always looking for a good mechanic!!!!!!!!

2010 though seems to be different???

our economy is most likely better than most??

but being the railroad and roadway shipping capital, people are not buying and companies are not making that much stuff!
    ofcourse arkansas is hopping, with walmart!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still love jack in the box!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackintheboxtec View Post
    Used to work for jack! Got laid off in august after 16 years. They are using all vendors now.After 16 years of free lunch, the food is OK.

I would love to get out of here. Maybe in a couple of years when kids graduate.

"TRAFFIC SUCKS"
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes

Post Likes

it is a fast food restaurant!!!!!!1

like in and out burger, wanna burger

or that other one
    mickey d's

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 33 View Post
    whats jack in the box ?

Post Likes

Post Likes
    i knew a guy who was a great mechanic and had a great job!!

he went to work for carls junior about 15 years ago!
    i know carls junior is owned by another company but he still works there!
    must be a good job!!

i have a good friend here that is a contractor but works for burger king and mcdonalds.
    he stays very busy

they are owned by the same guy
    13 mcdonalds and about a dozen bk'z

Post Likes
    Jack is franchising most of there stores now. They are going 80% franchise. That is why they are laying us off, cheaper to vendor out services. I do side some work for on of the franchise owners that i know.

You defiantly get to know a little bit about everything.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jackintheboxtec View Post
    cheaper to vendor out services. I do side some work for on of the franchise owners that i know.
    That says it all 'franchise owners" and "cheaper" is why they are getting side work done.

Every time I work for one of them it ends in an ugly way, and I lose a couple of hundred dollars.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    That says it all 'franchise owners" and "cheaper" is why they are getting side work done.

Every time I work for one of them it ends in an ugly way, and I lose a couple of hundred dollars.
    I was talking about jack in the box corporate stores are using out side vendors. No employee insurance, pensions, workers comp, things like that. So yes it is cheaper.

By the way... they were using vendors the last couple of years while I was still there and some of the big A/C company's they use their tech's don't know their a** from a hole in the ground. Quite a few times I had to go back and fix their screw ups.

Post Likes
    for the last 3 years I've been wearing a carhartt that was pretty decent except on the few days temps hit the teens. at the beginning of summer I trashed it as it was worn down and I'm interested in getting something a little better but one that also looks good. any recommendations ? what do u guys wear ?

I get on ebay and buy nice brown leather coats for $20-30 bucks. They are TOUGH work coats, they DONT show dirt, and look great.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    for the last 3 years I've been wearing a carhartt that was pretty decent except on the few days temps hit the teens. at the beginning of summer I trashed it as it was worn down and I'm interested in getting something a little better but one that also looks good. any recommendations ? what do u guys wear ?
    When It get's really cold outside I don't care what I'm wearing as long as I am warm. I get an oversized coat, and have in the van:carhartt vest, some warm hoodie, and another jacket that is not as insulated as the oversized coat, and a set of insulated coveralls. Add to that a "bank robber" ski mask and a couple of pairs of those brown fabric gloves and I am good to go. If I have inside work, I can dress one way. If I will be outside in 10 degree weather all day I will layer up. Carhartt stuff is really good, but, my recenty retired "heavy coat" is a Carhartt knockoff that I paid $35.00 for 7 years ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in