Goodman aluminum evaporator coil replacement question?

I just have my Goodman copper coil evaporator replaced to aluminum coil today. I read on the forum that the TXV needs to be changed out. Is this true because the tech just reused the TXV.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creativepuzzle View Post
    I just have my Goodman copper coil evaporator replaced to aluminum coil today. I read on the forum that the TXV needs to be changed out. Is this true because the tech just reused the TXV.

Thanks
    There is no reason to change the TXV unless refrigerant type was changed or the TXV had failed previously.

If you have a working TXV stick with it.

Where did you read that?

Ive installed several aluminum coils myself. Very nice units.

no need to change txv.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

How are those coils working out? I know when they first came out there were some problems with leaking according to the guys at the supply house. Right where the copper and aluminum were connected. I think aluminum is the only way to go anymore. That or quit using chinese copper.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Thumbs up

I have not noticed any difference in the performance of these coils. I have been installing them since they first came out with them and have had no issues with them. Not saying there won't be. But as right now, there are none.

The aluminum coils are nice. But we don't typically change them for performance reasons; we do it because the copper one was leaking like a sieve.
    WHY?