Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by icehouse View Post
    I had to eat a $1500 unit from Tecumseh 5 years ago because they do not reconize Hot-Shot
    Did they test it for Hot Shot or what ? Please explain.

They asked what Refrigerant was used, proper evacuation,dier.
    Said there was internal problems when cut open.
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

How bout R-420a for replacement in R-12 sys.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

i recommend mp39. for any r12 replacement. thats all i use and ive never had a problem. i dont like hot shot mostly because every system im come to that was converted to hot shot has a blown up compressor. hot shot runs much different pressures and people who claim to be professionals tend to over charge with it. Ive always used mp39 as a replacement but not to top off. If there is aleaking r12 system i sell them a full leak check repair and new charge of mp39. Anyone do the same

Been using hotshot since it hit the streets.............it is in my opinion that it is the best "drop in" r-12 repacement, we have dozens of pieces of equipment 20+ years still cranking out the cold with ol hotshot in them.over the years have seen alot of problems with 409a and mp39 systems fractionalizing when systems have leaks, those problems are almost non existent with hotshot. but here in the pacific nw our climate is very mild year round...........40s in the winter 70s to low 80s in the summer. So equipment is never ran on the ragged edge for any extended period time which causes less problems all the way around.

I can't say anything bad about Hotshot. Never had a problem with it. In low temp apps. i don't use it. For medium temp i use all the above flavors but dislike 409 the most. Runs to high on the head side & is getting way to expensive.

I learned you are supposed to charge a system that had R-12 in it to 80% of the original weight with hot shot. Has anyone used one shot or nu-22? I think one shot is meant for low temps and replaces R-502 among others. i'm too young to have worked with just 502 and 12 and have only done retrofits on old units i find...which is rare.

What is Hot Shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Samshawn View Post
    What is Hot Shot?
    "Hot Shot" is ICOR International's brand name for R414B:

http://www.icorinternational.com/hotshot.html

Don't we all love brand names... sort of like the myth that all refrigerants are called Freon.

The only Freon on the market today is made by Dupont. All others are called Refrigerant.

I thought Hot Shot was one of the members here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Don't we all love brand names... sort of like the myth that all refrigerants are called Freon.

The only Freon on the market today is made by Dupont. All others are called Refrigerant.
    And, Puron, Genetron, ISCEON, Klea, Performax LT, NU-22, NU22B, One Shot, Autofrost, Arcton, and lets not forget SUVA!!!
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. – Abraham Maslow

From what I understand hoyshot shoulb be used on small self contained refer apps as opposed to large refer systems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast