Thread: #3

did anyone watch the movie on espn

Just got done watching it, I was pretty pumped up after all the hype and all the great racing memories that have been on TV all week and was really looking forward to it. That being said, I was kind of bummed, I didnt think it was very good. Of course me being an Earnhardt fan my expectations were pretty high and there is probably no way to cover such a legend in 2 hours.

Now I really cant wait for Feb. to get here.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

ive been a fan as long as i can remember im 26. i found alot of things wrong in the movie but it was ok

I didn't. Not much into Nascar. But I did read the reviews. Although I hate to listen to critics, they said it wasn't very accurate...this is coming from USA Today. They made it sound like ESPN should stick to sports news and not the movie industry. I can't say anything though, I never watched any of the four movies they've made about Rose, Bryant, Knight, or Earnhardt (did I spell that right?). Any good?
    Get back to work.™

junction boys about bear bryant was very good

I've seen previews all week, and made notes (mental and on paper) to remind myself to watch it.

Now here it is, 4 hours after it's done and I just now saw my notes.... after I saw this thread.
    Oh well, I'm sure they'll replay it 100's of times.

Was really looking forward to seeing it after all the hype. I really was hoping for more I guess. I guess you really cant expect that much in two hours and was under the impression it wasnt really aproved of by the earnhardt family, dont know if thats true tho. Had to laugh tho when he saw the kid standing watching at unvailing of the goodwrench car and he said it reminded him of himself when he was young. Hell I thought it was going to end up being jeff Gordon instead of his son Carrie. Sorry about that lol.
    Like I say tho ,I was hopeing for more.