Thread: Quality Control

Just curious as to how you guys manage quality. Do you have a standard procedure, do you do random phone calls? How do you implement them in your workplace. From what I have seen in the area I'm in quality should be a serious issue, but is not! I plan for this along with many areas to be my strong point, and would like to hear some of your suggestions.

Quality of your service tech's, or installers? New work or change outs?

One suggestion I can think of is some comment cards (postage prepaid), and attach one to every bill. Maybe even offer a drawing for something free (humidifier, year supply of filters, or something like that) to those who reply.

And for the good comments, don't be affraid to share them with the guys who got the good feed back. And use the bad ones as a teaching tool for those who need some additional guidance.

On installs, the salesman is to go back and inspect before he gets commission. I made up a form for them to fill out reporting what he finds so we can watch for weak areas from different installers. Also the installers have digital cameras, if they get before & after pictures, they are laid out on the conference room table for everyone else to vote on the best job. The techs look them over carefully and point out problems the salesmen missed. Overall, our quality has risen considerably. Of course I like to pop in on installs too and I'm very vocal if I see something I don't like

Thank you for your responses. You have given me a few ideas to work with.

where u at in sc?upstate?