Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: chritmas bonus

Bonus

Well I guess somewhere in the past 22 yrs. I've gotten one if there was any $ left over. I do get to sleep with the book keeper though. Kinda out of touch with the market and really don't know what the norm is if any.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Where I work they are very generous... A gift card for a Turkey at T-giving, Fridays before Christmas and New Years off paid, and a weeks pay as bonus. Last year I was shocked to get the bonus as I had only been with them 4 months at that point. Family owned, I see and work with the owners every day, that makes a difference when the owners see your hard work.

Re: Bonus

Originally posted by selfemployed
    I do get to sleep with the book keeper though.
    LOL! OK as long as the sharpened pencils stay at work 'eh! :-)

That's funny...and great.
    Get back to work.

Yeah, me too. I used to get ripped off by the bookkeeper, now I get .... aw, never mind, Boss would just delete it anyway

don

don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

Originally posted by lynn rodenmayer
    Bonus should not be expected. But you can guage how much appreaciation a company has for it's employees around the holiday season.
    Should not be expected but would be nice.
    We get our unused sick days if any in a check.
    By the way, I hope homeowners see this thread as most of them probably get a Christmas or year end bonus, but ***** about how much we charge em. But the profit ain't as great as they think it is.

Christmas Bonuses..........

When we lived in the Hartford, Ct area my wife was a staff news reporter for the Hartford paper and got six weeks pay as a Christmas bonus.

I worked for a supermarket chain and only got a lousy $5 off coupon for a frozen turkey.

last year i got, as a bonus, 100 keg gift cert, 100 LCBO (liquor store) gift cert, and some cash, wasnt expected, but nice

End of year or year round?

This question comes up here every year.
    Try to tell the guys no Christmas bonuses-but bonuses are given year round. Give it when we got it, may not have it at year's end. But we end up giving them nice bonuses anyway. This years going to be hard, got stuck for some big receivables, building new office, very unexpected other expenses and the extra change just isn't there. I've recently given everyone pay raises, which they've earned.
    What is more important, a Christmas bonus or the best paycheck you can get (every week)? So it's looking like no bonuses this year.

Not.

Originally posted by lynn rodenmayer
    Bonus should not be expected. But you can guage how much appreaciation a company has for it's employees around the holiday season.
    well our company must love us. we just got back from the company trip. all employess plus their families were put on a bus early saturday morning and driven to gatlinburg tn. there we were put up in a motel for the night, and each employee was given spending money. on sunday afternoon we were put back on the bus and brought home, also we use 2 subcontractors to run duct for us when we get coverd up. they also got to come on the trip and bring their families. oh did i mention we also got a bonus. this is a family owned business that treats their employees like family.
    i wanted to put a picture here

Only my second year w/ this company. Last year we all got mimimags and $20 gift certificates. They did have a raffle thing where some people got more. I remember putting in money to buy the owner a gift (remember thinking what a bunch of crap too). Guess we'll see this year. Boss is adopting a kid from overseas so I'm expecting another flashlight. Which is better than a kick in the ass which is what we usually get.

Everyyear we have a nice dinner Christmas party for the employees and spouses/so's at a nice restuarant. This year on the 23rd we will work 1/2 day then we have a shop party. Usually it is Christmas Eve but we get Christmas Eve off this year because of Christmas being on a Sat.
    We do the the same thing on New Years Eve. That is the fameous chilly hot dog day.

There will be cash bonuses. Some years there just wasn't the money for it but I don't think we missed in the last 10 years. This year everyone should be Merry.

My top guy will be

damn Merry!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast