Thread: go bears!!!

Hi everyone,
    quick question here, any input would be highly, highly appreciated. I am 23, have a good job, etc, make about $65K. I've always been interested in HVAC, I would like to learn more about it, just for myself plus I would like to have a couple of extra skills. I live in Chicago. What if I don't want to get certified, just want to learn for myself. What's a good route to take, so I can take some classes in the evenings and learn some useful, practical stuff. May be somebody knows good places to inquire in Chicago area. What would you do in your area? Would just going to a local community college do the trick? Again, thanks a lot for any advice. Have a good one!! Andy

Originally posted by belmontcentral
    Hi everyone,
    quick question here, any input would be highly, highly appreciated. I am 23, have a good job, etc, make about $65K. I've always been interested in HVAC, I would like to learn more about it, just for myself plus I would like to have a couple of extra skills. I live in Chicago. What if I don't want to get certified, just want to learn for myself. What's a good route to take, so I can take some classes in the evenings and learn some useful, practical stuff. May be somebody knows good places to inquire in Chicago area. What would you do in your area? Would just going to a local community college do the trick? Again, thanks a lot for any advice. Have a good one!! Andy
    If u just want to learn about hvac and dont want to get certified u should take a correspondence course online. http://www.Education direct.com has an online hvac program

thanks, that's definitely an option, I'm just not the biggest fan of distance learning, not that type of person, I've tried it in college, did not work that time...

thanks, that's definitely an option, I'm just not the biggest fan of distance learning, not that type of person, I've tried it in college, did not work that time...
    You could also try Triton college they have a really good Hvac program. I go there now and i have learned alot,But im going to become certified Hvac techician. You have alot of options and I hope one of them will suit your right. By the way what part of chicago u from?

Hello, thanks for input...I live near Harlem & Addison...where are you at?

I live near Foster and Nagle.

Go Steelers....
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    Go Steelers....
    Damn right.
    Get back to work.™

Sorry Dice

Indy vs. Philly Superbowl

I wondered what he hell this had to do with the Bears. "Go Bengals"

Although the Steelers will go all the way.

65k and wanting to do hvac

I would've guessed Belmont & Central.

Schaumburg area here.

We should have a Chicago area HVAC-talk member meeting. I see lots of people here from our area.
    R2B4BTU

Wink

I don't really want "to do HVAC", I just want to learn more stuff, it would help me with my current job plus I have an interest in it, can't be sitting still being satisfied with the current situation...bengals? good analogy)))