Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RSES died here because contractors just weren't interested.

We have exactly ONE local contractor that cares whether his techs have proper training.
    He sends some to school, and even does seminars at his shop.

One out of hundreds.

ASHRAE & ACCA still have a few meetings, but not RSES.

I sent rses numerous emails and they have yet to respond to any of them. I am looking to join the worcester mass chapter so if any of you guys happen to be in this chapter
    please drop me a line.

Recently I purchased an RSES correspondence course to help me teach a young guy who wasn't able to go to college when he was younger. The course is super super super.

As Spotts said I have been member for over 35 years. I hate to talk about back then because RSES is not about back then it is about the future.

RSES has to get away from the old-time structure of monthly meeting as the primary source of knowledge. Plus manufacturers are cutting funding for speakers to go out and talk to 7 or 8 guys. Look at the company Robotec worked for. I bet they won't let his replacement go out and talk to a RSES meeting.

I believe that RSES has to move in the direction of the internet. You could still have local chapters but all the training should be done on line.

When I was going for a degree in college I had to take a course on line because it wasn't offered at the local college. I thought that it should be a snap. Wrong. I sat at this damn computer until 3 AM trying to met a class project deadline. I thought that I wouldn't enjoy it without the classroom experience.Wrong. I got to know the other class members on-line. Critiqued their work as they did mine.

Think how we all get along on this site. BuildCentral would love to have the educational material that RSES has to offer. Also RSES would love to be able to reach as many protential members as this site has. RSES should be a paid site just like you were taking a college course. The technology is there it will just take the Board of Directors of RSES International to make the commitment.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    I have been a guest technical speaker for the Delaware Chapter of RSES several times over the past few years where RSES is strong.

It is dedication of people like Sol and many others that makes this chapter so active.

[Edited by sigma on 12-13-2004 at 11:08 PM]

It seems to me that the younger generation don't want to join clubs, instead they'de rather goto clubs.

It was mentioned that many of the traditional organizations (elks, VFW, etc.) are seeing a declining roster. Maybe it's an accountability issue. Could it be that people today don't want to be part of a organization if it means having responsabilities.

Originally posted by on call
    It seems to me that the younger generation don't want to join clubs, instead they'de rather goto clubs.

It was mentioned that many of the traditional organizations (elks, VFW, etc.) are seeing a declining roster. Maybe it's an accountability issue. Could it be that people today don't want to be part of a organization if it means having responsabilities.
    The Elks fought it tooth and nail not to let women into the Lodges but it was one of the best thing that could of happened to the Elks. The VFW unfortunately will not be at a lost for members for near foreseeable future.

When organizations don't change with the times then they become dinosauers. This is true about companies as well.

While I was having lunch in a bar a young man and I got into a political discussion and he made a lot of sense. In our time Pres. Reagan out spent the Communist on defense which brought about the fall of the Soviet block. As a result both the man and the woman of the household has to work to keep ourselves in the life style to which we have become acustom. Plus we have to work longer hours. This leaves less time for social activities. Women are not content to stay at home while the old man is down at the Lodge.

AC does not demand excellence, so training is not needed. If you can make that system blow colder, it has to be better, right.
    Around here they oversize the evap and undersize the duct. Nobody notices. I have seen shoty system that have been in use for 10 years. They say it has been working fine.
    Shoot, one time I fixed a system that was freezing the suction line. They called the next day to complain that their system was not blowing snow balls anymore.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12