It'll just make your learning curve happen faster Digo - out of necessity.
Luckily there are places like this to help.
My next phase is 5 Spyders that will be working together doing demand ventilation in an automotive plant. That will be crunch time - I can't afford downtime there - it has to go smooth.
BTW Honeywell came through and sent me a sample program they are testing. But thanks to everyone for there time - I appreciate the input.
Rick, I'm working on a project right now with RTUs with heat in the RTU and about 10 zones per unit. We are making the zone VAVs pressure independant, and i'm sitting here scratching my head about how to program these RTUs heat/cool mode changeover by measuring zone heat and cool calls. What is this sample program that you mention. How did it workout for you? Would you mind sharing the program?
If Rick has the same one I do, there is something that you will need to modify in the program to make it work properly if you have economizers ont the RTU that you are controlling with the Spyder program.
Also if you are using XL10's for your VAV's instead of Spyders you will have to modify the program for that as well.
I'm using PVL4022 Spyders on the VAVs and PUL6438 for the RTUs, if you guys could send whatever you have that will at least give me a start to tuning the programming to my liking. Thanks for the note on the economizer and staging issues.
One of the 'glitches' I noticed about the Spyders when getting them to play nice with an AX integration is that when you edit anything in the control program page, it will signal that it requires a download (little red arrow tilted downward over the device in the Nav tree). Though this doesn't always hose up the controller, it may unbind links (especially if you add NVIs, NVOs). I find that downloading requires the initial Commission command with the proper Neuron ID. Then perform the Action/Download Controller command. Then a SECOND Commission command, ensuring the proper neuron ID (don't ask me why but it works). After applying, you must then bind the Links. I would do this after each controller as unbound links will quickly hose up the Lon network. This 'ritual' must be adhered to or you will experience a world of hurt. Glitchy. Quirky. Yeah, but they do work after you let them go.
Pfft. Don't feel stupid or bad. Been using Lon Spyders for years, and every time I download a control program the bindings quit working. Re-commissioning the Spyder I'm working on and all the Spyder it has Lon links to, then doing a Selective Bind rarely fixes it. I need to commission/bind the entire network, which on the current job takes about 1.5 hours. Since the programming changes I'm making require the schedule input nvi to work for testing, it basically takes 1.5 - 2 hours just to make one little programming change and test it. I've been working on one Spyder for 15 hours now, and still haven't worked out a few simple programming changes. Latest 3.7 Spyder tool. Still the same @#$%^&*_*&*^%^$#ing problems.