Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    Did you use the PVFY air handler with this?

Here in Canada, this comes as a package product directly from MITS. I went with the 'Package 3', Honeywell VisionPro Thermostat with a 7.5 kW Electric resistance heater kit built into the Air Handler.

http://www.mitsubishielectric.ca/en/...fications.html

I am having a Mitsubishi Zuba installed this week. The installer insists I need a 15KW heater. Yesterday I found out that the heater coil was damaged and they can't finish it till they get the replacement. I am going to tell them to finish it without the heater coil if we need the coil it can be installed later

Quote Originally Posted by dc-v tech View Post
    Here in Canada, this comes as a package product directly from MITS. I went with the 'Package 3', Honeywell VisionPro Thermostat with a 7.5 kW Electric resistance heater kit built into the Air Handler.

http://www.mitsubishielectric.ca/en/...fications.html
    Just installed the same package,how is yours performing?The only question I have is the blower cycling time..how long should it be or is it normal for this system to have long cycle times?Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vintage3 View Post
    Just installed the same package,how is yours performing?The only question I have is the blower cycling time..how long should it be or is it normal for this system to have long cycle times?Thanks

Our Zuba has been working like a dream, no problems yet.

I'm not sure precisely how the heat anticipation works on the new digital Honeywell thermostats, but that could have something to do with it.

Right-sizing your heat plant to your application also results in the heating plant having longer run cycles. What was the old system you replaced with the Zuba?

Thanks for the reply...We own a duplex which we converted to a single home so two oil furnaces were removed and replaced with the Zuba along with reworked ducting.How often are your fan cycle times?...or when the fan "ramps" up.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vintage3 View Post
    Thanks for the reply...We own a duplex which we converted to a single home so two oil furnaces were removed and replaced with the Zuba along with reworked ducting.How often are your fan cycle times?...or when the fan "ramps" up.Thanks

How many BTUs of output were your two old oil furnaces?

Your Zuba represents roughly 40,000 BTU of output. That should mean that if you have a 40,000 BTU heat loss, it should run all day on the coldest day of the year. If your heat loss is more than 40,000 BTU, than it will be running all day with Electric resistance backup when it's still a shoulder season.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123