idea for in my car, thoughts? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by benncool
    Going one more step with billygoats idea. I always thought it would be doable to have a refrigerated compartment in you vehicle that ran off the air conditioning system.

The evaporator would be in brine filled plates that lined the cooler compartment. This would keep things cool for a long while, even when the car was shut off. In the winter time you could have a little heater coil in there to keep your stuff warm. And another guage on the dash to tell the temp inside the box. I LIKE it.

Didn't they offer refrigerated compartments in the console of toyota mini vans?
    If at first you don't succeed....
    Dig in the trash for the instructions!

While you're at it, throw in a reversing valve and get yourself instant heat, too.

Originally posted by megaton
    Originally posted by benncool
    {Snip}

Didn't they offer refrigerated compartments in the console of toyota mini vans?
    Not sure if it was Toyota - I was thinking Ford Explorer. I know we had one with a built in (conventional) cooler at work.

That would be pretty easy to do with some of those thermo electric plate contraptions - they're pretty cheap anymore. Buy the cooler at sams/walmart/kmart and gut the inards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12