+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work Shoes

Post Likes
    Need opinions on work shoes.

Santa is coming and my feet would like to be comfortable. Have tried lo end to hi end in past. Payless to Red Wing. Would like something that is oil resistant, durable and lightweight.

How do you feel? What shoes are your feet comfortable in?

Post Likes
    I like Carolina Army Paratrooper jump boots
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    Wolverine Durashocks

I get 1 year out of them but they are very comfortable

Post Likes
    What they said about Wolverines, lace em up good on wet roofs and your feet stay dry, Sears yep.....
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    I recently purcahed a piar of Hi-Tek waterproof hiking shoes. I like them alot, they didnt need to break in, there light, and hold up well. They are also alot easier to get on and off then tall boot.

Post Likes
    I loved my Durashocks, save for the steel toe part which rubbed my toes badly.
    (I got wide feet).

Loved their grip, loved their spring in every foot step ....

Next pair of boots I bought were Red Wings and I have them still. They outlasted the durashcoks. They still feel wonderful.

But in comparison to trail/ hike shoes ... those hi-tek kind ... they are THE most comfortable for any sort of lengthy walks.
    Even my Red Wings get me plum tired out .... them hiking shoes are wonderful.

Just dont drop anything an your toes when your wearing em though....

Post Likes
    When I was doing duct installations I found shoes with a steel shank in the arch to be a lifesaver for climbing ladders.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    I found my boots last much longer & I have fewer backaches if I just fork out the ducks & buy redwings.Redwings are the only boot I have ever been ablet to get a years use out of because of the way I walk.All others I wear the heels out in no time,which causes me bad lower backaches.My feet turn out a bit & I probably could have used braces as a kid but didn't have them so there you go.
    Take your time & do it right!

Post Likes
    I love durability as much as the next perfectionist, but let's face it, its a disposable world.

Wally world has a line called Silver Wings that you can get for $10.00 a pair. Comfy when new, velcro riprap on and off. Easy to ditch at the door on muddy days. Work great for a month or so, depending on wear. When they don't feel good, get another pair.

At %120 a year for a pair a month with no polishing, its hard to argue with the numbers. I get a new pair for daily wear, shift the old ones to backup in the truck. Shift the truck pair to 'dirty work' shoes at the house. Rotate often.

Doesn't permit you to drop loads on your toe, just glorified tenny's, but I find em useful.
    "That's good enough..." usually isn't.

Post Likes
    anyhting with a TERRA footbed

Post Likes
    Mack boots from Target. Not comfortable, but not as bad as most. About $50.

Post Likes
    I always kept hearing "red wings" "red wings". I heard it all. I gave in last year and bought a pair finally. Best boots I ever worn. I bought them last January. Thier still perfectly fine today. I aint even had to get new laces for gosh sakes. There great, durable work boots and worth every dime.

American made too.

Post Likes
    I can only speak for boots, because that's all I ever wear. The cheapies only last me about 3 months. The Redwings are good for about a year. Then I bought some Ariat Hermosa ones that are more comfortable than anything I've ever had, and they last close to 2 years. Cost $159.

Post Likes
    I was with this girl once, she had "red wings".

I'm sorry, I'm bored.

Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things, I am tempted to think there are no little things!

Post Likes
    Got my Red Wings in college at a frat party. Sure beats having a s**t-eating grin. Wolverines for me.

Post Likes

Tossed my Durashocks...

The wolverines were OK, but for me they seemed be unstable, lacking in ankle support. And the toe was too narrow.

Like Shane said Red wings. 6662. I'll buy these boots as long as they continue to make them. Sooo soft and comfy for my wide-azz hoofs. The sole has almost no tread so no mud/dirt gets brought inside...

http://www.redwingshoe.com/shoe-zoom.cfm?style=6662

Academy Sports has 'em...

Post Likes
    wolverine, cant say enough about them. gore-tex protection, lasts half a year, with normal wear...can buy them almost anywhere... best work boot i ever had.

never tried redwings(the shoes),but did have the other kind a few times. lmao

Post Likes
    I guess I'm not the only one who totally digs Woverine Durashocks. Mine are still going strong since 1998. My other standard has been (when steel toes are not required) a pair of army surplus combat boots that were given to me about 4 years ago.

Style-wise, I'd prefer a poleclimber style, but for that amount of money, I'd be too afraid of trashing them.

I only wear boots so I have multiple pairs and I alternate depending on what job I'm doing that day. Helps the boots last longer...let's the sweat/rain dry throroughly between wearings. Not to mention, a regular brushing up with some Kiwi helps extend their life...easier said than done

Post Likes
    Original S.W.A.T....
    Usually just tenneshoes...we wear shorts too(year round)
    Hey mosquito, quit biting (slap!!) me... ©
    Anyone like Josey Wales?
    C'mon, you know I'm right!

Post Likes

shoes

redwig the best especially with the moldable in sole(microwaveable) very expensive though the insole is 40 bucks. Catipiller is great for the price you could buy one brown pair and one black pair for the price..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in